An Averaging Method for Singularly Perturbed Systems of Semilinear Differential Inclusions with C 0-Semigroups
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We consider a system of two semilinear differential inclusions with infinitesimal generators of C 0-semigroups. The nonlinear terms are of high frequency with respect to time and periodic with a specified period. Moreover, they are condensing in the state variables (x,y) with respect to a suitable measure of noncompactness. The goal of the paper is to give sufficient conditions to guarantee, for ∈>0 sufficiently small, the existence of periodic solutions and to study their behaviour as ∈→0. The main tool to achieve this is the topological degree theory for uppersemicontinuous, condensing vector fields.
- Andreini, A., Kamenskii, M. I. and Nistri, P.: A result on the singular perturbation theory for differential inclusions in Banach spaces, Topol. Methods Nonlinear Anal. 15 (2000), 1-15.
- Borisovich, Yu., Gel'man, B. D., Myshkis, A. D. and Obukhovskii, V. V.: Topological methods in the fixed point theory of multivalued maps, Uspekhi Mat. Nauk 35 (1980), 59-126 (Russian).
- Couchouron, J. F. and Kamenskii, M. I.: A unified point of view for integro-differential inclusions, Lecture Notes in Nonlinear Analysis 2 (1998), 123-137.
- Kamenskii, M. I., Obukhovskii, V. V. and Zecca, P.: Condensing multivalued maps and semilinear differential inclusions in Banach spaces, de Gruyter Ser. Nonlinear Anal. Appl. 7, Walter De Gruyter, Berlin, 2001.
- Kamenskii, M. I. and Nistri, P.: An averaging method for singularly perturbed systems of semilinear differential inclusions with analytic semigroups, Nonlinear Anal. 53 (2003), 467-480.
- Kamenskii, M. I. and Nistri, P.: Periodic solutions of a singularly perturbed system of differential inclusions in Banach spaces, In: Set Valued Mappings with Applications in Nonlinear Analysis, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, London, 2001, pp. 213-226.
- Kamenskii, M. I., Nistri, P. and Zecca, P.: On the periodic solution problem for parabolic inclusions with a large parameter, Topol. Methods Nonlinear Anal. 8 (1996), 57-77.
- Kamenskii, M. I. and Obukhovskii, V. V.: Condensing multioperators and periodic functional-differential inclusions in Banach spaces, Nonlinear Anal. 20 (1993), 781-792.
- An Averaging Method for Singularly Perturbed Systems of Semilinear Differential Inclusions with C 0-Semigroups
Volume 11, Issue 4 , pp 345-357
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- periodic solutions
- averaging method
- differential inclusions
- singularly perturbed system
- C 0-semigroups