Meeting the Welch and Karystinos-Pados Bounds on DS-CDMA Binary Signature Sets
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The Welch lower bound on the total-squared-correlation (TSC) of binary signature sets is loose for binary signature sets whose length L is not a multiple of 4. Recently Karystinos and Pados [6,7] developed new bounds that are better than the Welch bound in those cases, and showed how to achieve the bounds with modified Hadamard matrices except in a couple of cases. In this paper, we study the open cases.
- M. Best, The excess of a Hadamard matrix, Indag. Math., Vol. 39, No. (5) (1977) pp. 357–361.
- F. W. Fu, T. Kløve, Y. Luo and V. K. Wei, On equidistant constant weight codes, Proc. of the Intern. Workshop on Coding and Cryptography, D. Augot and C. Carlet (eds.), Paris, January 8- 12 (2001) pp. 225–232.
- J. Hammer, R. Levingston and J. Seberry, A remark on the excess of Hadamard matrices and orthogonal designs, Ars Combin., Vol. 5 (1978) pp. 237–254.
- A. S. Hedayat, N. J. A. Sloane and J. Stufken, Orthogonal arrays: theory and applications, Springer-Verlag, New York (1999).
- D. Jungnickel, Difference sets, Contemporary Design Theory: A Collection of Surveys, J. Dinitz and D. R. Stinson (eds.), John Wiley & Sons (1992) pp. 241–324.
- G. N. Karystinos and D. A. Pados, New bounds on the total-squared-correlation and perfect design of DS-CDMA binary signature sets, Proc. IEEE Intern. Conf. on Telecommunications, Bucharest, Romania, Vol. 3. (2001) pp. 260–265.
- G. N. Karystinos and D. A. Pados, New bounds on the total-squared-correlation and perfect design of DS-CDMA binary signature sets, IEEE Trans. Communications, Vol. 51 (2003) pp. 48–51.
- S. Kounias and N. Farmakis, On the excess of Hadamard matrices, Discrete Math., Vol. 68 (1988) pp. 59–69.
- L. R. Welch, Lower bounds on the maximum cross correlation of signals, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, Vol. 20 (1974) pp. 397–399.
- Meeting the Welch and Karystinos-Pados Bounds on DS-CDMA Binary Signature Sets
Designs, Codes and Cryptography
Volume 30, Issue 1 , pp 73-84
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- binary sequences
- code division multiple access
- Welch bound
- Karystinos-Pados bound
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Computer Science, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
- 2. Department of Information Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong, China (on leave from the University of Bergen, Norway