Not Even a Day in the Life
- Candace West
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Bosmajian, H. (1974). The Language of Oppression. Washington, D.C.: Public Affairs Press.
- Edgley, C., & Brissett, D. (1990). Health nazis and the cult of the perfect body: Some polemical observations. Symbolic Interaction, 13, 257-279.
- Fenstermaker, S., West, C., & Zimmerman, D.H. (1991). Gender inequality: New conceptual terrain. In R. L. Blumberg (Ed.), Gender, family, and economy: The triple overlap (pp. 289-307). Newbury Park, CA: Sage Publications.
- Galliher, J. (1980). Social scientists' ethical responsibilities to subordinates: Looking up meekly. Social Problems, 27, 298-308.
- Gardner, C. (1995). Passing by: Gender and public harassment. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Garfinkel, H. (1967). Studies in ethnomethodology. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Goffman, E. (1963). Behavior in public places. Glencoe, IL: Free Press.
- Kanter, R. M. (1977). Men and women of the corporation. New York: Basic Books.
- Pascale, C. M., & West. C. (forthcoming). Social illusions: Responses to homelessness in Santa Cruz, California 1989–1994. Perspectives on Social Problems.
- Robins, D. M., Sanders, C. R, & Cahill, S. (1991). Dogs and their people: Pet-facilitated interaction in a public setting. Journal of Contemporary Ethnography, 20, 3-25.
- Schegloff, E. A. (1968). Sequencing in conversational openings. American Anthropologist, 70, 1075-1095.
- Schegloff, E. A. (1979). Identification and recognition in telephone conversation openings. In G. Psathas (Ed.), Everyday language: Studies in ethnomethodology (pp. 23-78). New York: Irvington Publishers.
- Schegloff, E. A. (1980). Preliminaries to preliminaries: ‘Can I ask you a question?’“ Sociological Inquiry, 50, 104-152.
- Schneider, J. W. (1984). Morality, social problems, and everyday life. In J. Schneider and J. Kitsuse (Eds.), Studies in the sociology of social problems (pp. 180-205). Norwood, NJ: Ablex.
- Thorne, B. (1980). “You still takin' notes?” Problems of informed consent in field research. Social Problems, 27, 284-297.
- Torgovnick, M. (1990). Gone primitive. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- West, C., & Fenstermaker, S. (1993). Power, inequality and the accomplishment of gender: An ethnomethodological view. In P. England (Ed.), Theory on gender/feminism on theory (pp. 151-174). New York: Aldine.
- West, C., & Fenstermaker, S. (1995). Doing difference. Gender & Society, 9, 8-37.
- Zerubavel, E. (1979). Private time and public time: The temporal structure of social accessibility and professional commitments. Social Forces, 58, 38-58.
- Zimmer, L. (1988). Tokenism and women in the workplace: The limits of gender-neutral theory. Social Problems, 35, 64-77.
- Not Even a Day in the Life
Volume 20, Issue 4 , pp 447-456
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Candace West (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Sociology, University of California, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA, 96064;