Positive linear operators which preserve x 2
- J. P. King
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A sequence of positive linear operators which approximate each continuous function on [0,1] while preserving the functione 2 (x) =x 2 is presented. Quantitative estimates are given and are compared with estimates of approximation by Bernstein polynomials. Connections with summability are discussed.
- R. P. Agnew, Euler transformations, Amer. J. Math., 66 (1944), 313-338. CrossRef
- F. Altomare and M. Campiti, Korovkin-type Approximation Theory and Its Applications, de Gruyter (New York, 1994).
- R. A. DeVore, The Approximation of Continuous Functions by Positive Linear Operators, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 293, Springer-Verlag (New York, 1972).
- J. P. King and J. Swetits, Positive linear operators and summability, Austral. Math. Soc. Jour., 11 (1970), 281-290. CrossRef
- P. P. Korovkin, Linear Operators and Approximation Theory, Hindustan Publ. Corp. (Delhi, 1960).
- Wuyts-Torfs, On a generalization of the Euler limit method, Simon Stevin, 33 (1959), 27-33.
- Positive linear operators which preserve x 2
Acta Mathematica Hungarica
Volume 99, Issue 3 , pp 203-208
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Bernstein polynomials
- positive linear operators
- J. P. King (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department Of Mathematics, Lehigh University, 14 E. Packer Avenue, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, 18015-3174