Standards for Grid Computing: Global Grid Forum
- Charlie Catlett
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Formed in 1999, Global Grid Forum (GGF) is an international organization focused on the development of common practices, agreements, and specifications that will promote interoperability and reuse of Grid technologies. To this end, GGF supports a recommendations process modeled after the Internet Standards Process and carried out through working groups. To ensure that the recommendations process operates with understanding about both research directions and end user requirements, GGF also operates a set of research groups. Finally, GGF supports a set of educational and informational activities designed to support and expand the community of Grid developers, researchers, practitioners and end-users.
- B. Aiken, J. Strassner, B. Carpenter, I. Foster, C. Lynch, J. Mambretti, R. Moore and B. Teitelbaum, “A Report of a Workshop on Middleware,” RFC 2768, February 2000. www.ietf.org.
- S. Bradner, “The Internet Standards Process – Revision 3,” RFC 2026, October 1996.
- S. Bradner, “IETF Working Group Guidelines and Procedures,” RFC 2418, September 1998. www.ietf.org.
- C. Catlett, “In Search of Gigabit Applications,” IEEE Communications, April 1992.
- C. Catlett, “Global Grid Forum Documents and Recommendations: Process and Requirements,” GFD-C.1, April 2002. www.ggf.org.
- C. Catlett, “Global Grid Forum Documents and Recommendations: Process and Requirements,” GGF Document Series, GFD-C.1, April 2002. www.ggf.org/documents/.
- C. Catlett and L. Smarr, “Metacomputing,” Communications of the ACM, July 1992.
- Standards for Grid Computing: Global Grid Forum
Journal of Grid Computing
Volume 1, Issue 1 , pp 3-7
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Charlie Catlett (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Argonne National Laboratory, 9700 S. Cass Avenue, Argonne, IL, 60439, USA