3D atomic imaging of SiGe system by X-ray fluorescence holography
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
X-ray fluorescence holography (XFH) provides three-dimensional atomic images around specific elements without any assumption of the structural model. Six X-ray holograms of Si0.8Ge0.2/Si at different energies were measured at the synchrotron radiation facility of SPring-8. Si and/or Ge atoms within 0.7 nm of a radius were clearly visible in the atomic images reconstructed from the holograms. From these images, slight displacements of the images at each shell in between Si0.8Ge0.2/Si and the Ge bulk were distinctly revealed. This demonstrated that the XFH method has a great potential to quantitatively analyze a three-dimensional local lattice structure in epitaxial crystals.
- D. Gabor, Nature 161 (1948) 777.
- A. SzÖke, in “Short Wavelength Coherent Radiation: Generation and Applications”, edited by D. T. Attwood and J. Boker, AIP Conf. Proc. 147 (American Institute of Physics, New York, 1986) pp. 361–367.
- M. Tegze and G. Feigel, Nature 380 (1996) 49.
- J. Kawai, K. Hayashi, T. Yamamoto, S. Hayakawa and Y. Gohshi, Anal. Sci. 14 (1998) 903.
- K. Hayashi, M. Sai, T. Yamamoto, J. Kawai, M. Nishino, S. Hayakawa and Y. Gohshi, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 39 (2000) 1414.
- K. Hayashi, Y. Takahashi, E. Matsubara, S. Kishimoto, T. Mori, M. Tanaka, S. Hayakawa and M. Suzuki, in “Proceedings of the Fourth Pacific Rim International Conference on Advanced Materials and Processing”, edited by S. Hanada and Z. Zhong, S. W. Nam and R. N. Wright (The Japan Institute of Metals, Honolulu, 2001) pp. 567–570.
- K. Hayashi, Y. Takahashi, E. Matsubara, S. Kishimoto, T. Mori and M. Tanaka, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. B 196 (2002) 180.
- K. Hayashi, M. Matsui, Y. Awakura, T. Kaneyoshi, H. Tanida and M. Ishii, Phys. Rev. B 63 (2001) R41201.
- S. Marchesini, F. SchmithÜsen, M. Tegze, G. Faigel, Y. Calvayrac, M. Belakhovsky, J. Chevrier and A. S. Simionovici, Phys. Rev. Lett. 27 (2000) 4732.
- T. P. Pearsall, Mater. Sci. Eng. B 9 (1991) 225.
- M. Matsuura, J. M. Tonnerre and G. S. Calgill III, Phys. Rev. B 44 (1991) 3842.
- I. Yonenaga and M. Sakurai, ibid. 64 (2001) 113206.
- J. C. Woicik, K. E. Miyano, C. A. King, R. W. Johnson, J. G. Pellegrino, T.-L. Lee and Z. H. Lu, ibid. 57 (1998) 14592.
- J. Z. Tischler, J. D. Budai, D. E. Jesson, G. Eres and P. Zschack, J.-M. Baribeau and D. C. Houghton, ibid. 51 (1995) 10947.
- T. Gog, P. M. Len, G. Materik, D. Bahr, C. S. Fadley and C. Sanchez-Hanke, Phys. Rev. Lett. 76 (1996) 3132.
- P. M. Len, T. Gog, C. S. Fadley and G. Materlik, Phys. Rev. B 55 (1997) R3323.
- J. J. Barton, Phys. Rev. Lett. 67 (1991) 3106.
- K. Hayashi, M. Miyake, T. Tobioka, Y. Awakura and M. Suzuki and S. Hayakawa, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. Phys. Red. B 467–468 (2001) 1241.
- 3D atomic imaging of SiGe system by X-ray fluorescence holography
Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics
Volume 14, Issue 5-7 , pp 459-462
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors