Evaluation of Indian coriander accessions for resistance against stem gall disease
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Seventy accessions of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) were screened for resistance against stem gall, a severe disease caused by Protomyces macrosporus Unger., with the goal to select the resistant cultivars. The accessions PH-7, Pant Haritima, COR-17 and COR-2 were highly resistant. These may be used as the parents to breed high yielding accessions resistant to stem gall disease.
- Bilgrami K.S., Jamaluddin and Rizvi M.A. 1991. Fungi of India - Lists and references. Today and Tomorrow's Printers and Publishers, New Delhi. p. 798.
- Gupta J.S. and Sinha S. 1964. Variation in pathogenicity of Protomyces macrosporus Unger. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. India 34 (B): 241-244.
- Gupta J.S. and Sinha S. 1973. Varietal field trials in the control of stem-gall disease of coriander. Indian Phytopath. 26: 337-340.
- Gupta J.S. 1954. Disease appraisal of stem gall of Coriandrum sativum. Indian Phytopath. 7: 53-60.
- Kalra A., Patra N.K., Singh H.P., Singh H.B., Mengi N., Naqvi A.A. and Kumar S. 1999. Evaluation of coriander (Coriandrum sativum) collection for essential oil. Indian J. Agric. Sciences 69 (9): 657-659.
- Naqvi S.A.M.H. 1996. Varietal screening of coriander against stem gall in relation to disease intensity and crop loss. Indian J.Mycol. and Pl. Pathol. 16 (3): 270-276.
- Naumov N.A 1924. On the question of possibilities for determining the degree of plant infection by fungus parasites. Trudy IV Entom. Phyto. Congr. Moscow 1922: 217-228.
- Panse V.G. and Sukhatme P.V. 1961. Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers. ICAR Publication.
- Raghvan S. 2000. Handbook of Spices, Seasoning and Flavouring. Ambica Book Agency, Jaipur.
- Singh D.K. Singh N.P. and Tiwari R.S. 1995. Evaluation of coriander cultivars in Himalayan foothills of UP. Ann. Agric. Res. 16(4): 481-482.
- Singh R.K. and Chaudhary B.D. 1977. Biometrical Methods in Quantitative Genetic Analysis. Kalyani Publishers, Delhi. p. 284.
- Evaluation of Indian coriander accessions for resistance against stem gall disease
Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution
Volume 50, Issue 4 , pp 339-343
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Germplasm collection
- Protomyces macrosporus
- Stem gall
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Plant Protection & Quarantine, National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI), Lucknow, 226 001, India
- 2. Genetics and Plant Breeding, National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI), Lucknow, 226 001, India