Effect of the Degree of Acetylation of Chitosan on Its Enzymatic Hydrolysis with the Preparation Celloviridin G20kh
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The degree of acetylation was shown to exert only insignificant effects on the enzymatic hydrolysis of chitosan, while affecting the composition of the resulting hydrolysates and their water solubility. Chitosan with various degrees of acetylation was produced by reacetylation of the initial chitosan (the solvents, methanol and 2% acetic acid, were present in a ratio of 54 : 51 v/v; the amount of acetic anhydride was in the range 0.1–2.0 mmol per gram chitosan). Hydrolysis by the enzymatic preparation Celloviridin G20kh was performed at an enzyme-to-substrate ratio of 1 : 400 in sodium–acetate buffer, pH 5.2 (55°C) for 1 h.
- Muzzarelli, R.A.A., Stanic, V., and Ramos, V., Methods in Biotechhnology, Carbohydrate Biotechnology Protocols, Bucke, C., Ed., NY: Humana Press, 1999, vol. 10, pp. 197–211.
- Zhang, Hu., Du, Yu., Yu, X., et al., Carbohydr. Res., 1999, vol. 320, no.2, pp. 257–260.
- Shin-ya, Y., Lee, M., Hinode, H., and Kajiuchi, T., 2001, no. 7, pp. 85–88.
- Yalpani, M. and Pantaleone, D., 1994, vol. 256, no.1, pp. 159–175.
- Muzzarelli, R.A.A., Terbojevich, M., and Cosani, A., Chitin Enzymology, Muzzarelli, R.A.A., Ed., Italy: Atec. Edizioni, 1996, vol. 2, pp. 69–82.
- Hirano, S., Ohe, Y., and Oho, H., Carbohydr. Res., 1976, vol. 47, no.3, pp. 315–320.
- Il'ina, A.V. and Varlamov, V.P., Sbornik materialov VI mezhd. konf. po novym dostizheniyam v issledovanii khitina i khitozana (Proc. VI Int. Conf. on Progress in Chitin and Chitosan Studies), Moscow: All-Union Institute of Fishery and Oceanography, 2001, pp. 280–283.
- Lim, S., Hattori, K., and Hudson, S.M., Adv. Chitin Sci., Peter, M.G., Domard, A., and Muzzarelii, R.A.A., Eds., Potsdam: Univ. Potsdam, 2000, vol. 4, pp. 454–459.
- Il'ina, A.V., Tkacheva, Yu.V., and Varlamov, V.P., Prikl. Biokhim. Mikrobiol., 2002, vol. 38, no.2, pp. 132–135.
- Wang, W., Bo, S., Li, S., and Qin, W., Int. J. Macromol., 1991, vol. 13, no.5, pp. 281–317.
- Hirano, S., Chitin Handbook, Muzzarelli, R.A.A. and Peter, M.G., Eds., Alec, Grottammare, Italy: Europ. Chitin Soc., 1997, pp. 71–75.
- Sabnis, S. and Blook, L.H., Int. J. Biol. Macromol., 2000, vol. 27, no.3, pp. 181–186.
- Wang, W., Roberts, G.A.F., Jumel, K., and Harding, S.E., Chitin and Chitosan in Life Science, Proc. of 8th Int. Conf. on Chitin and Chitosan, Uragami, T., Kurita, K., and Fukamizo, T., Eds., Japan: Yamaguchi, 2000, pp. 95–98.
- Wang, W. and Xu, D., Int. J. Biol. Macromol., 1994, vol. 16, no.3, pp. 149–152.
- Miller, G.L., Anal. Chem., 1959, vol. 31, no.3, pp. 426–428.
- Effect of the Degree of Acetylation of Chitosan on Its Enzymatic Hydrolysis with the Preparation Celloviridin G20kh
Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology
Volume 39, Issue 3 , pp 239-243
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links