Complex Low-Pass Filters
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Zero-if transceivers suffer from the imbalance of the I and Q paths. By using a complex low-pass filter topology instead of a conventional pair of real low-pass filters, this imperfection can be reduced. Both analytical and numerical analysis show that the proposed technique is significantly more robust to circuit imperfections than the traditional architecture.
Supplementary Material (0)
- Abidi, A. A., “Direct-conversion radio transceivers for digital communications.” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits 30(12), pp. 1399–1410, 1995.
- Razavi, B., “Design considerations for direct-conversion receivers.” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits 44(6), pp. 428–435, 1997.
- Gabor, D., “Theory of communication.” Journal of the Institution of Electrical Engineers 93(Part III), pp. 429–457, 1946.
- Gingell, M. J., “A symmetrical polyphase network.” U.S. Patent 3,559,042, 1968.
- Gingell, M. J., “The synthesis and application of polyphase networks with sequence asymmetric properties.” Ph.D. Thesis, Faculty of Engineering, University of London. http://users.vnet.net/gingell/, 1975.
- Lang, G. R. and Brackett, P. O., “Complex analogue filters,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Circuit Theory and Design, pp. 412–419, 1981.
- Snelgrove, W. M. and Sedra, A. S., “State-space synthesis of complex analog filters,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Circuit Theory and Design, pp. 420–424, 1981.
- Sedra, A. S., Snelgrove, W. M. and Allen, R., “Complex analog bandpass filters designed by linearly shifting real low-pass prototypes,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. III.1223–III.1226, 1985.
- Crols, J. and Steyaert, M. S., “A single-chip 900 MHz CMOS receiver front-end with a high performance low-IF topology.” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits 30(12), pp. 1483–1492, 1995.
- Jantzi, S. A., Martin, K.W. and Sedra, A. S., “Quadrature bandpass delta-sigma modulation for digital radio.” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits 32(12), pp. 1935–1950, 1997.
- Prodanov, V., Palaskas, G., Glas, J. and Boccuzzi, V., “A CMOS AGC-less IF strip for Bluetooth,” in IEEE European Solid-State Circuits Conference, Digest of Technical Papers, pp. 488–491, 2001.
- Jantzi, S. A., “Quadrature bandpass delta-sigma modulation for digital radio.” Ph.D. Thesis, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto, 1997.
- Oppenheim, A., Willsky, A. S. and Nawab, S. H., Signals and Systems. Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, 1996.
- Oppenheim, A. and Schafer, R. W., Discrete-Time Signal Processing. Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, 1998.
- Papoulis, A., Signal Analysis. McGraw-Hill, New York, 1977
- Sedra, A. S. and Smith, K. C., Microelectronic Circuits. Oxford University Press: New York, 1998.
About this Article
- Complex Low-Pass Filters
Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing
Volume 35, Issue 1 , pp 9-23
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- complex filters
- poliphase filters
- sensitivity analysis
- I/Q imbalance
- direct conversion
- zero if
- Industry Sectors