Ernest Hemingway and the Near-Death Experience
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Appleby, L. (1989). Near death experience: Analogous to other stress induced psychological phenomena. British Medical Journal, 298, 976–977.
- Aschan, U. (1987). The man who loved women: The life of Bror Blixen. New York: St. Martin's Press.
- Atwater, p. (1988). Coming back to life. New York: Dodd Mead.
- Baker, C. (1968). The slopes of Kilimanjaro. American Heritage Magazine, 19(5), 91.
- Beaufort, F. (1858, January 15). London Daily News. [Also: Friendly, A. (1977). Beaufort of the admiralty: The life of Sir Francis Beaufort, 1774–1857. London: Hutchinson.]
- Brinkley, D. (1994). Saved by the light. New York: Random House.
- Carr, D. (1982). Pathophysiology of stress-induced limbic lobe dysfunction: A hypothesis for NDEs. Anabiosis, 2, 75–89.
- Dinesen, I. (1985). Out of Africa and shadow on the grass. New York: Vintage Books.
- Edie, B. (1992). Embraced by the light. Carson City, NV: Gold Leaf Press.
- Fleming, R. E. (1994). The face in the mirror: Hemingway's writers. Tuscaloosa and London: The University of Alabama Press.
- Flynn, C. P. (1986). After the beyond: Human transformation and the near-death experience. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Gabbard, G. O., Twemlow, S. W., & Jones, F. C. (1981). Do “near death experiences” occur only near death? Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 169, 374–377.
- Gordon, C., & Tate, A. (1950). The snows of Kilimanjaro: Commentary. In The House of Fiction (p. 422). New York: Scribner's.
- Greyson, B. (1971). The near-death experience scale: Construction, reliability and validity. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 6, 369–375.
- Greyson, B., & Stevenson, I. (1980). The phenomenology of near death experiences. American Journal of Psychiatry, 137, 1193–1196.
- Harris, B., & Bascom, L. C. (1990). Full circle: The near-death experience and beyond. New York: Pocket Books.
- Hemingway, E. (1929). A farewell to arms. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons.
- Hemingway, E. (1935). Green hills of Africa. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons.
- Hemingway, E. (1938). The short stories of Ernest Hemingway. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons.
- Howell, J. M. (Ed.). (1969). Hemingway's African stories: The stories, their sources, their critics. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons.
- Lasson, F., & Engelbrecht, T. (Eds.). (1996). Karen Blixen i Danmark: Breve 1931–62 (Vol. 2). Copenhagen, Denmark: Gyldendal.
- Lynn, K. S. (1987). Hemingway. New York: Simon and Schuster.
- Mellow, J. R. (1992). Hemingway: A life without consequences. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Moody, R. A., Jr. (1975). Life after life. Atlanta: Mockingbird Books.
- Morse, M., Conner, D., & Tyler, D. (1985). Near-death experiences in a pediatric population. American Journal of Diseases of Childhood, 139, 595–600.
- Morse, M., Venecia, D., & Milstein, J. (1989). Near-death experiences: A neurophysiological model. Journal of Near-Death Studies, 8, 45–53.
- Noyes, R., & Kletti, R. (1976). Depersonalization in the face of life threatening danger: An interpretation. Omega, 7, 103–14.
- Owens, J. E., Cook, E.W., & Stevenson, I. (1990). Features of “near death experience” in relation to whether or not patients were near death. Lancet, 336, 1175–1177.
- Owens, J. E. (1995). Integrating paradigms. Hemi-Sync Journal, 13(3), 1–3.
- Phillips, L. W. (Ed.). (1984). Ernest Hemingway on writing. New York: Scribner's.
- Plato. (1937). The republic. London: JM Dent.
- Rawlings, M. (1978). Beyond death's door. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, Inc.
- Ring, K. (1980). Life at death: A scientific investigation of the near-death experience. New York: Coward, McCann, and Geoghegan.
- Roberts, G., & Owens, J. (1988). The near-death experience. British Journal of Psychiatry, 153, 607–617.
- Sabom, M. B. (1982). Recollections of death: A medical investigation. New York: Harper and Row.
- Stevenson, I., Cook, E. W., & McClean-Rice, N. (1989–90). Are persons reporting “near-death experiences” really near death? A study of medical records. Omega, 20, 45–54.
- Thurman, J. (1982). Isak Dinesen: The life of a storyteller. New York: St. Martin's Press.
- Trzebinski, E. (1977). Silence will speak: A study of the life of Denys Finch Hatton and his relationship with Karen Blixen. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
- Villard, H. S., & Nagel J. (1989). Hemingway in love and war. Boston: Northeastern University Press.
- Zaleski, C. (1987). Other world journeys. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Ernest Hemingway and the Near-Death Experience
Journal of Medical Humanities
Volume 20, Issue 3 , pp 203-217
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links