Orthogonal Systems of Singular Functions and Numerical Treatment of Problems with Degeneration of Data
- Alexei Bespalov
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The orthogonal systems of singular functions are considered. They are applied to the error analysis of the p-version of the finite element method for elliptic problems with degeneration of data and strong singularity of solution.
- R. Askey, Orthogonal Polynomials and Special Functions, Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics, Vol. 21 (SIAM, Philadelphia, PA, 1975).
- I. Babuška and M. Suri, The optimal convergence rate of the p-version of the finite element method, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 24 (1987) 750–776.
- V.B. Berestetskii, E.M. Lifshitz and L.P. Pitaevskii, Relativistic Quantum Theory (Pergamon Press, New York, 1971).
- A.Y. Bespalov and V.A. Rukavishnikov, The investigation of a certain class of functions with degeneration in the boundary strip, in: Methods of Numerical Analysis (Collected Papers), Part 2, ed. V.A. Rukavishnikov (Dalnauka, Vladivostok, 1995) (in Russian) pp. 77–88.
- A.Y. Bespalov and V.A. Rukavishnikov, The use of singular functions in the h-p version of the finite element method for the Dirichlet problem with degeneration of the input data, Siberian J. Numer. Math. 4 (2001) 201–228.
- P.G. Ciarlet, The Finite Element Method for Elliptic Problems (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1978).
- M.R. Dorr, The approximation theory for the p-version of the finite element method, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 21 (1984) 1180–1207.
- B.-Y. Guo, Gegenbauer approximation and its applications to differential equations on the whole line, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 226 (1998) 180–206.
- B.-Y. Guo, Jacobi approximations in certain Hilbert spaces and their applications to singular differential equations, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 243 (2000) 373–408.
- B.-Y. Guo, Gegenbauer approximation and its applications to differential equations with rough asymptotic behaviors at infinity, Appl. Numer. Math. 38 (2001) 403–425.
- B. Guo and I. Babuška, The h-p version of the finite element method. Part 1: The basic approximation results, Comp. Mech. 1 (1986) 21–41.
- B.-Y. Guo and W. Li-lian, Jacobi interpolation approximations and their applications to singular differential equations, Adv. Comput. Math. 14 (2001) 227–276.
- G.H. Hardy, J.E. Littlewood and G. Pólya, Inequalities (Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1952).
- A.N. Kolmogorov and S.V. Fomin, Elements of the Theory of Functions and Functional Analysis (Nauka, Moscow, 1968) (in Russian).
- L.D. Landau and E.M. Lifshitz, Quantum Mechanics: Non-Relativistic Theory (Pergamon Press, New York, 1977).
- V.P. Mikhailov, Partial Differential Equations (Nauka, Moscow, 1976) (in Russian).
- V.A. Rukavishnikov, On differentiability properties of an R ν-generalized solution of the Dirichlet problem, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 309 (1989) 1318–1320; English transl. in Soviet Math. Dokl. 40 (1990).
- V.A. Rukavishnikov, The Dirichlet problem with incompatible degeneration of initial data, Dokl. Russian Acad. Nauk 337 (1994) 447–449; English transl. in Russian Acad. Sci. Dokl.Math. 50 (1995) 104–107.
- V.A. Rukavishnikov and E.V. Kashuba, On the properties of an orthonormalized singular polynomials set, Siberian J. Numer. Math. 2 (1999) 171–183.
- V.A. Rukavishnikov and H.I. Rukavishnikova, The finite element method for the first boundary value problem with compatible degeneracy of the initial data, Dokl. Russian Akad. Nauk 338 (1994) 731–733; English transl. in Russian Acad. Sci. Dokl. Math. 50 (1995) 335–339.
- V.A. Rukavishnikov and H.I. Rukavishnikova, The finite element method for the third boundary value problem with strong singularity of solution, in: ENUMATH 97, Proc.of the 2nd European Conf.on Numerical Mathematics and Advanced Applications, eds. R. Rannacher et al. (World Scientific, Singapore, 1998) pp. 540–548.
- Orthogonal Systems of Singular Functions and Numerical Treatment of Problems with Degeneration of Data
Advances in Computational Mathematics
Volume 19, Issue 1-3 , pp 159-182
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- the orthogonal systems of singular functions
- problems with degenerated data
- finite element method
- Alexei Bespalov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Computational Center, Far-Eastern Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences, Khabarovsk, 680000, Russia