Low-Temperature SCR of NO with NH3 over USY-Supported Manganese Oxide-Based Catalysts
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A series of catalysts of manganese oxide, manganese–cerium and iron–manganese oxide supported on USY (ultra-stable Y zeolite) were studied for the low-temperature selective catalytic reduction (SCR) of NO with ammonia in the presence of excess oxygen. It was found that MnOx/USY have high activity and high selectivity to N2 in the temperature range 80-180 °C. The addition of iron and cerium oxide increased NO conversion significantly although the single-component Fe/USY and Ce/USY catalysts had low activities. Among the catalysts studied in this work, the 14% Ce-6% Mn/USY showed the highest activity. The results showed that this catalyst yielded nearly 100% NO conversion at 180 °C at a space velocity of 30 000 cm3 g-1 h-1. The only product is N2 (with no N2O) below 150 °C. The effects of the concentration of oxygen, NO and NH3 were studied and the steady-state kinetics were also investigated. The reaction order is 1 with respect to NO and zero with respect to NH3 on the 14% Ce-6% Mn/USY catalyst at 150 °C.
- H. Bosch and F. Janssen, Catal. Today 2 (1988) 369.
- H. Schneider, U. Scharf, A. Wokaun and A. Baiker, J. Catal. 147 (1994) 545.
- K. C. Taylor, Catal. Rev. Sci. Eng. 35 (1993) 457.
- G. Busca, L. Lietti, G. Ramis and F. Berti, Appl. Catal. B18 (1998) 1.
- G. Centi and S. Perathoner, Appl. Catal. A132 (1995) 179.
- M. Iwamoto and H. Yahiro, Catal. Today 22 (1994) 5.
- J. N. Armor, Catal. Today 26 (1995) 147.
- M. Shelef, Chem. Rev. 95 (1995) 209.
- Z. J. Li and M. Flytzani-Stephanopoulos, J. Catal. 182 (1999) 313.
- G. L. Bauerle, S. C. Wu and K. Nobe, Ind. Eng. Chem. Prod. Res. Dev. 17 (1978) 123.
- W. C. Wong and K. Nobe, Ind. Eng. Chem. Prod. Res. Dev. 25 (1986) 179.
- F. Janssen, F. Kerkhof, H. Bosh and J. R. H. Ross, J. Phys. Chem. 91 (1987) 5921.
- J. W. Byrne, J. M. Chen and B. K. Speronello, Catal. Today 13 (1992) 33.
- G. Ramis, G. Busca and F. Bregani, Catal. Lett. 139 (1993) 353.
- J. P. Chen and R. T. Yang, Appl. Catal. A80 (1992) 135.
- G. Busca, L. Lietti, G. Ramis and F. Berti, Appl. Catal. B18 (1988) 1.
- G. L. Bauerle, S. C. Wu and K. Nobe, Ind. Eng. Chem. Prod. Res. Dev. 14 (1975) 268.
- J. P. Chen, R. T. Yang, M. A. Buzanowski and J. E. Cichanowicz, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 29 (1990) 1431.
- L. Singoredjo, R. Korver, F. Kapteijn and J. Moulijn, Appl. Catal. B1 (1992) 297.
- Z. P. Zhu, Z. Y. Liu, H. X. Niu and S. J. Liu, J. Catal. 187 (1999) 245.
- P. Fabrizioli, T. Burgi and A. Baiker, J. Catal. 206 (2002) 143.
- M. Richter, A. Trunschke, U. Bentrup, K.-W. Brzezinka, E. Schreier, M. Schneider, M.-M. Pohland R. Fricke, J. Catal. 206 (2002) 98.
- F. Notoya, C. Su, E. Sasako and S. Nojima, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 40 (2000) 3732.
- R. Q. Long, R. T. Yang and R. Chang, Chem. Commun. 5 (2002) 452.
- F. Kapteijn, L. Singoredjo, N. J. Dekker and J. A. Moulijn, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 32 (1993) 445.
- Low-Temperature SCR of NO with NH3 over USY-Supported Manganese Oxide-Based Catalysts
Volume 87, Issue 1-2 , pp 67-71
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- low-temperature SCR
- SCR of NO with NH3
- Industry Sectors