Nonstationary Iterated Tikhonov Regularization
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A convergence rate is established for nonstationary iterated Tikhonov regularization, applied to ill-posed problems involving closed, densely defined linear operators, under general conditions on the iteration parameters. It is also shown that an order-optimal accuracy is attained when a certain a posteriori stopping rule is used to determine the iteration number.
- Hofmann, B., Regularization for Applied Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems, Teubner, Leipzig, Germany, 1986.
- Groetsch, C. W., Inverse Problems in Mathematical Sciences, Vieweg, Braunschweig, Germany, 1993.
- Louis, A. K., Inverse und schlecht gestellte Probleme, Teubner, Stuttgart, Germany, 1989.
- Groetsch, C. W., The Theory of Tikhonov Regularization for Fredholm Equations of the First Kind, Pitman, Boston, Massachusetts, 1984.
- Kryanev, A. V., An Iterative Method for Solving Incorrectly Posed Problems, USSR Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, Vol. 14, pp. 24–33, 1974.
- King, J. T., and Chillingworth, D., Approximation of Generalized Inverses by Iterated Regularization, Numerical Functional Analysis and Optimization, Vol. 1, pp. 499–513, 1979.
- Fakeev, A. G., A Class of Iterative Processes for Solving Degenerate Systems of Linear Algebraic Equations, USSR Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, Vol. 21, pp. 15–22, 1981.
- Brill, M., and Schock, E., Iterative Solution of Ill-Posed Problems: A Survey, Model Optimization in Exploration Geophysics, Edited by A. Vogel, Vieweg, Braunschweig, Germany, pp. 13–38, 1987.
- Schock, E., Implicit Iterative Methods for the Approximate Solution of Ill-Posed Problems, Bollettino della Unione Matematica Italiana, Serie 1B, Vol. 7, pp. 1171–1184, 1987.
- Lardy, L. J., A Series Representation for the Generalized Inverse of a Closed Linear Operator, Atti della Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, Rendiconti della Classe di Scienze Fisiche, Matematiche, e Naturali, Serie VIII, Vol. 58, pp. 152–157, 1975.
- Tikhonov, A. N., and Arsenin, V. Y., Solutions of Ill-Posed Problems, Winston, New York, New York, 1977.
- Brakhage, H., Personal Communication, 1993.
- Riesz, F., and Sz. Nagy, B., Functional Analysis, Ungar, New York, New York, 1955.
- Xi, Z., Iterated Tikhonov Regularization for Linear Ill-Posed Problems, Dissertation, Universität Kaiserslautern, Kaiserslautern, Germany, 1993.
- Dautray, R., and Lions, J. L., Mathematical Analysis and Numerical Methods for Science and Technology, Vol. 3, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1990.
- Vainikko, G. M., The Discrepancy Principle for a Class of Regularization Methods, USSR Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, Vol. 22, pp. 1–19, 1982.
- Hanke, M., Accelerated Landweber Iterations for the Solution of Ill-Posed Equations, Numerische Mathematik, Vol. 60, pp. 341–375, 1991.
- Vainikko, G. M., The Critical Level of Discrepancy in Regularization Methods, USSR Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, Vol. 23, pp. 1–9, 1983.
- Plato, R., Optimal Algorithms for Linear Ill-Posed Problems Yield Regularization Methods, Numerical Functional Analysis and Optimization, Vol. 11, pp. 111–118, 1990.
- Hanke, M., and Hansen, P. C., Regularization Methods for Large-Scale Problems, Surveys on Mathematics for Industry, Vol. 3, pp. 253–315, 1993.
- Engl, H. W., and Gfrerer, H., A Posteriori Parameter Choice for General Regularization Methods for Solving Linear Ill-Posed Problems, Applied Numerical Mathematics, Vol. 4, pp. 395–417, 1988.
- Raus, T., The Principle of the Residual in the Solution of Ill-Posed Problems with Nonselfadjoint Operator, Acta et Commentationes Universitatis Tartuensis, Vol. 715, pp. 12–20, 1985 (in Russian).
- Nonstationary Iterated Tikhonov Regularization
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
Volume 98, Issue 1 , pp 37-53
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Ill-posed problems
- Tikhonov regularization
- Lardy's method
- discrepancy principle
- Industry Sectors