On Bivariate Lack of Memory Property and a New Definition
- Dilip Roy
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The earlier concept of bivariate lack of memory property has been examined and an alternative concept of bivariate lack of memory property has been presented along with a set of equivalent conditions. In this process, the link relations known in the literature on univariate lack of memory property have been extended to the bivariate set-up. A multivariate extension of the lack of memory property has also been proposed.
- Block, H. W. (1977). A characterization of a bivariate exponential distribution, Ann. Statist., 5, 808–812.
- Block, H. W. and Basu, A. P. (1974). A continuous bivariate exponential extension, J. Amer. Statist. Assoc., 69, 1031–1037.
- Cowan, R. (1987). A bivariate exponential distribution arising in random geometry, Ann. Inst. Statist. Math., 39, 103–111.
- Downton, F. (1970). Bivariate exponential distributions in reliability theory, J. Roy. Statist. Assoc. Ser. B, 32, 408–417.
- Freund, R. J. (1961). A bivariate extension of the exponential distribution, J. Amer. Statist. Assoc., 56, 971–977.
- Galambos, J. and Kotz, S. (1978). Characterizations of probability distributions, Springer, Berlin.
- Gumble, E. J. (1960). Bivariate exponential distributions, J. Amer. Statist. Assoc., 55, 698–707.
- Hawks, A. G. (1972). A bivariate exponential distribution with applications to reliability theory, J. Roy. Statist. Assoc. Ser. B, 34, 129–131.
- Johnson, N. L. and Kotz, S. (1975). A vector-valued multivariate hazard rate, J. Multivariate Anal., 5, 53–66, (Addendum: ibid, (1975) 5, p. 498).
- Krishnaji, N. (1971). Note on characterising property of the exponential distribution, Ann. Math. Statist., 42, 361–362.
- Marshall, A. W. and Olkin, J. (1967). A multivariate exponential distribution, J. Amer. Statist. Assoc., 62, 30–44.
- Mukherjee, S. P. and Roy, D. (1986). Some characterizations of the exponential and related life distributions, Calcutta Statist. Assoc. Bull., 35, 189–197.
- Mukherjee, S. P. and Roy, D. (1996). Bivariate distributions through Cox's regression model, Frontiers in Probability and Statistics (eds. S. P. Mukherjee, S. K. Basu and B. K. Sinha), 290–300.
- Muth, E. J. (1977). Reliability models with positive memory derived from the mean residual life, The Theory and Applications of Reliability, Vol II (ed. C. P. Tsokos and I. Shimi), 401–436, Academic Press, New York.
- Roy, D. (1993). Reliability measures in the discrete bivariate set-up and related characterization results for a bivariate geometric distribution, J. Multivariate Anal., 46, 362–373.
- Roy, D. and Gupta, R. P. (1996). Bivariate extension of Lomax and finite range distributions through characterization approach, J. Multivariate Anal., 59, 22–33.
- Roy, D. and Mukherjee, S. P. (1989). Characterizations of some bivariate life distributios, J. Multivariate Anal., 28, 1–8.
- Samanta, M. (1975). A characterization of the bivariate exponential distribution, J. Indian Soc. Agricultural Statist., 27, 67–70.
- Sarkar, S. K. (1987). A continuous bivariate exponential ditribution, J. Amer. Statist. Assoc., 82, 667–675.
- Zahedi, H. (1985). Some new classes of multivariate survival functions, J. Statist. Plann. Inference, 11, 171–188.
- On Bivariate Lack of Memory Property and a New Definition
Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics
Volume 54, Issue 2 , pp 404-410
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Lack of memory property
- failure rate
- mean residual life
- coefficient of variation of residual life
- bivariate extension
- Industry Sectors
- Dilip Roy (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Business Administration, Burdwan University, Burdwan, 713104, WB, India