Solution to the OK Corral Model via Decoupling of Friedman's Urn
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We consider the OK Corral model formulated by Williams and McIlroy(11) and later studied by Kingman.(7) In this paper we refine some of Kingman's results, by showing the connection between this model and Friedman's urn, and using Rubin's construction to decouple the urn. Also we obtain the exact expression for the probability of survival of exactly S gunmen given an initially fair configuration.
- Athreya, K., and Karlin, S. (1968). Embedding of urn schemes into continuous time Markov branching process and related limit theorems. Ann. Math. Statist. 39, 1801–1817.
- Billingsley, P. (1985). Probability and Measure, 2nd. edn., Wiley, New York.
- Davis, B. (1990). Reinforced random walk. Probab. Theory Related Fields 84, 203–229.
- Freedman, D. (1965). Bernard Friedman's urn. Ann. Math. Statist. 36, 956–970.
- Friedman, B. (1949). A simple urn model. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 2, 59–70.
- Khanin, K., and Khanin, R. (2001). A probabilistic model for establishing of neuron polarity. J. Math. Biol. 42, 26–40.
- Kingman, J. F. C. (1999). Martingales in the OK Corral. Bull. London Math. Soc. 31, 601–606.
- Limic, V. (2001). Attracting edge property for a class of reinforced random walks. preprint.
- Petrov, V. V. (1975). Sums of Independent Random Variables, 2nd. edn., Springer, Berlin.
- Sellke, T. (1994). Reinforced Random Walk on the d-Dimensional Integer Lattice, Department of Statistics, Purdue University, Technical report #94–26.
- Williams, D., and McIlroy, P. (1998). The OK Corral and the power of the law (a curious Poisson kernel formula for a parabolic equation). Bull. London Math. Soc. 30, 166–170.
- Solution to the OK Corral Model via Decoupling of Friedman's Urn
Journal of Theoretical Probability
Volume 16, Issue 1 , pp 267-276
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- OK Corral
- urn models
- reinforced random walks
- Industry Sectors