Comparison of 1300 nm quantum well lasers using different material systems
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The band structure and material gain are calculated for 1300-nm band quantum well lasers of GaInNAs, AlGaInAs and GaInAsP material systems. The material compositions for each system are carefully chosen for comparison. The calculated results show that the peak gain is around the same in spite of the difference in band structures for the three systems.
- Chuang, S.L. Physics of Optoelectronic Devices, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1995.
- Harrison, W.A. J. Vac. Sci. Technol. 14 1016, 1977.
- Kondow, M., T. Kitatani, S. Nakatsuka, M.C. Larson et al. IEEE J. Select. Top. Quant. Electron. 3 719, 1997.
- Lindsay, A. and E.P. O'Reilly. Solid State Commun. 112 443, 1999.
- Minch, J., S.H. Park, T. Keating and S.L. Chuang. IEEE J. Quant. Electron. 35 771, 1999.
- Takeuchi, K., T. Miyamoto, T. Kageyama, F. Koyama and K. Iga. Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 37 1603, 1998.
- Van der Walle, C.G. Phys. Rev. B. Phys. 39 1871, 1989.
- Comparison of 1300 nm quantum well lasers using different material systems
Optical and Quantum Electronics
Volume 34, Issue 12 , pp 1191-1200
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- band offset ratio
- band structure
- material gain
- 1300-nm band
- quaternary material system
- Industry Sectors