Multiwavelet Frames from Refinable Function Vectors
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Starting from any two compactly supported d-refinable function vectors in (L 2(R)) r with multiplicity r and dilation factor d, we show that it is always possible to construct 2rd wavelet functions with compact support such that they generate a pair of dual d-wavelet frames in L 2(R) and they achieve the best possible orders of vanishing moments. When all the components of the two real-valued d-refinable function vectors are either symmetric or antisymmetric with their symmetry centers differing by half integers, such 2rd wavelet functions, which generate a pair of dual d-wavelet frames, can be real-valued and be either symmetric or antisymmetric with the same symmetry center. Wavelet frames from any d-refinable function vector are also considered. This paper generalizes the work in [5,12,13] on constructing dual wavelet frames from scalar refinable functions to the multiwavelet case. Examples are provided to illustrate the construction in this paper.
- A. Aldroubi, Portraits of frames, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 123 (6) (1995) 1661–1668.
- J.J. Benedetto and S.D. Li, The theory of multiresolution analysis frames and applications to filter banks, Appl. Comput. Harmon. Anal. 5 (1998) 389–427.
- C. Cabrelli, C. Heil and U.Molter, Accuracy of lattice translates of several multidimensional refinable functions, J. Approx. Theory 95 (1998) 5–52.
- C.K. Chui and W. He, Compactly supported tight frames associated with refinable functions, Appl. Comput. Harmon. Anal. 8 (2000) 293–319.
- C.K. Chui, W. He and J. Stöckler, Compactly supported tight and sibling frames with maximum vanishing moments, Appl. Comput. Harmon. Anal., to appear.
- C.K. Chui, W. He, J. Stöckler and Q.Y. Sun, Compactly supported tight affine frames with integer dilations and maximum vanishing moments, Adv. Comput. Math., to appear.
- C.K. Chui, X. Shi and J. Stöckler, Affine frames, quasi-frames and their duals, Adv. Comput. Math. 8 (1998) 1–17.
- C.K. Chui and Q.Y. Sun, Tight frame oversampling and its equivalence to shift-invariance of frame operators, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., to appear.
- W. Dahmen and C.A. Micchelli, Biorthogonal wavelet expansions, Constr. Approx. 13 (1997) 293–328.
- I. Daubechies, The wavelet transform, time-frequency localization and signal analysis, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory 36 (1990) 961–1005.
- I. Daubechies, Ten Lectures on Wavelets, CBMF Conference Series in Applied Mathematics, Vol. 61 (SIAM, Philadelphia, PA, 1992).
- I. Daubechies and B. Han, Pairs of dual wavelet frames from any two refinable functions, Constr. Approx., to appear.
- I. Daubechies, B. Han, A. Ron and Z.W. Shen, Framelets: MRA-based constructions of wavelet frames, Appl. Comput. Harmon. Anal., to appear.
- G.C. Donovan, J.S. Geronimo and D.P. Hardin, Intertwining multiresolution analyses and the construction of piecewise-polynomial wavelets, SIAM J. Math. Anal. 27 (1996) 1791–1815.
- G.C. Donovan, J.S. Geronimo, D.P. Hardin and P. Massopust, Construction of orthogonal wavelets using fractal interpolation function, SIAM J. Math. Anal. 27 (1996) 1158–1192.
- B. Han, On dual wavelet tight frames, Appl. Comput. Harmon. Anal. 4 (1997) 380–413.
- B. Han, Approximation properties and construction of Hermite interpolants and biorthogonal multiwavelets, J. Approx. Theory 110 (2001) 18–53.
- B. Han, Compactly supported tight wavelet frames and orthonormal wavelets of exponential decay with a general dilation matrix, J. Comput. Appl. Math., to appear.
- B. Han and Q. Mo, Tight wavelet frames generated by three symmetric B-spline functions with high vanishing moments, Preprint (2002).
- C. Heil, G. Strang and V. Strela, Approximation by translates of refinable functions, Numer. Math. 73 (1996) 75–94.
- E. Hernández and G. Weiss, A First Course on Wavelets (CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 1996).
- R.Q. Jia, S. Riemenschneider and D.X. Zhou, Approximation by multiple refinable functions and multiple functions, Canadian J. Math. 49 (1997) 944–962.
- R.Q. Jia and Q.T. Jiang, Approximation power of refinable vectors of functions, in: Proc. of Internat. Conf. on Wavelet Analysis and Applications, to appear.
- Q.T. Jiang, Parameterization of masks for tight affine frames with two symmetric/antisymmetric generators, Adv. Comput. Math., to appear.
- A. Petukhov, Explicit construction of framelets, Appl. Comput. Harmon. Anal., to appear.
- A. Ron and Z.W. Shen, Affine systems in L 2(ℝd ): The analysis of the analysis operator, J. Funct. Anal. 148(2) (1997) 408–447.
- A. Ron and Z.W. Shen, Affine systems in L 2(ℝd) II: Dual systems, J. Fourier Anal. Appl. 3 (1997) 617–637.
- G. Plonka, Approximation order provided by refinable function vectors, Constr. Approx. 13 (1997) 221–244.
- G. Plonka and A. Ron, A new factorization technique of the matrix mask of univariate refinable functions, Numer. Math. 87 (2001) 555–595.
- I. Selesnick, Smooth wavelet tight frames with zero moments, Appl. Comput. Harmon. Anal. 10 (2000) 163–181.
- Z.W. Shen, Refinable function vectors, SIAM J. Math. Anal. 29 (1998) 235–250.
- Q.Y. Sun, An algorithm for the construction of symmetric and antisymmetric M-band wavelets, in: Wavelet Applications in Signal and Image Processing VIII, eds. A. Aldroubi, A.F. Laine and M. Unser, Proc. SPIE 4119 (2000) 384–394.
- Multiwavelet Frames from Refinable Function Vectors
Advances in Computational Mathematics
Volume 18, Issue 2-4 , pp 211-245
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- dual wavelet frames
- wavelet frames
- refinable function vectors
- refinable Hermite interpolants
- sum rules
- vanishing moments