The Induction of After-Death Communications Utilizing Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: A New Discovery
- Allan L. Botkin
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A number of authors have described after-death communications (ADCs), in which bereaved individuals experience what they believe is actual spiritual contact with the deceased. ADCs are consistently reported as profoundly loving experiences that greatly assist the grieving process. Although most researchers have argued that ADCs can occur only spontaneously, Raymond Moody's research has indicated that we do have some control over the production of the experience. In this paper I describe a new induction technique that produces ADCs in a more reliable, rapid, and efficient manner. ADCs induced by this new technique provide a more elaborated experience that often fosters complete resolution of grief. These induced ADCs also appear to be much more like near-death experiences (NDEs) than do spontaneous ADCs, which strongly suggests that NDEs and ADCs may be essentially the same phenomenon.
- Devers, E. (1997). Goodbye again: Experiences with departed loved ones. Kansas City, MO: Andrews and McMeel.
- Guggenheim, B., and Guggenheim, J. (1996). Hello from heaven! A new field of research confirms that life and love are eternal. New York, NY: Bantam.
- Kennedy, A. (1997). Your loved one lives on within you. New York, NY: Berkley.
- Kübler-Ross, E. (1969). On death and dying. New York, NY: Macmillan.
- LaGrand, L. E. (1997). After-death communication: Final farewells. St. Paul, MN: Llewellyn.
- Lipke, H. J., and Botkin, A. L. (1992). Case studies of eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) with chronic post-traumatic stress disorder. Psychotherapy, 29, 591–595, 1992.
- Moody, R. A. (1975). Life after life. Covington, GA: Mockingbird Books.
- Moody, R. A. (1992). Family reunions: visionary encounters with the departed in a modern-day psychomanteum. Journal of Near-Death Studies, 11, 83–121.
- Moody, R. A., and Perry, P. (1993).Reunions: Visionary encounters with departed loved ones. New York, NY: Villard.
- Parnell, L. (1996). Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) and spiritual unfolding. Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, 28, 129–153.
- Shapiro, F. (1995). Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing: Principles, processes, and procedures. New York, NY: Guilford.
- The Induction of After-Death Communications Utilizing Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: A New Discovery
Journal of Near-Death Studies
Volume 18, Issue 3 , pp 181-209
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Allan L. Botkin (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Libertyville, IL