Stressed Embodiment: Doing Phenomenology in the Wild
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Ayres, J. (1972). Sensory Integration and Learning Disorders. Los Angeles: Western Psychological Services.
- Ayres, J. (1989). Sensory Integration and Praxis Tests. Los Angeles: Western Psychological Services.
- Bentz, V. (1995). Husserl, Schutz, “Paul” and Me: Reflections on Writing Phenomenology. Human Studies Special Issue 18(1): 41–62.
- Connolly, M. (1995a). Phenomenology, Physical Education and Special Populations. Human Studies Special Issue 18(1): 25–40.
- Connolly, M. (1995b). Review of Toombs, K., The Meaning of Illness: A Phenomenological Account of the Different Perspectives of Physician and Patient. Society for Phenomenology and the Human Sciences Journal of Reviews and Commentary 20 (Spring): 8–12.
- Connolly, M. (1996). Marianne Paget. A Complex Sorrow: Reflections on Cancer and an Abbreviated Life. Human Studies 19(4): 467–470.
- Connolly, M. and Craig. T. (1999). Implementing a Least Restrictive Environment in a Movement Education Camp for Children and Youth with Autism/PDD. In D. Avery (Ed.), Bridging the Divide: Disability in the New Millennium. Disability Studies Quarterly 19: 4.
- Craig, T. (1997). Disrupting the Disembodied Status Quo: Communicology in Chronic Disabling Conditions. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.
- Craig. T. (1998). Liminal Bodies, Medical Codes. Semiotics 1997: Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Meeting of the Semiotics Society of America. New York: Peter Lang.
- Doubt, K., Leonard, M., Muhlenbruck, L., Teerlinck, S. and Vinyard, D. (1995). “Mother is Not Holding Completely Respect”: Making Social Sense of Schizophrenic Writing. Human Studies 18(1): 89–106.
- Goode, D. (1994). A World Without Words: The Social Construction of Children Born Deaf and Blind. Philadelphia: Temple University Press.
- Husserl. E. (2001). Analyses Concerning Passive and Active Synthesis: Lectures on Transcendental Logic. Trans. by A. Steinbock. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Kristeva, J. (1980). Desire in Language: A Semiotic Approach to Literature and Art. In L.S. Roudiez (Ed.), trans. by T. Gora, A. Jardine and L.S. Roudiez. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Lanigan, R. (1988). Phenomenology of Communication. Pittsburgh: Duquesne University Press.
- Lanigan, R. (1994). Capta Versus Data: Method and Evidence in Communicology. Human Studies 17(1): 109–130.
- Merleau-Ponty, M. (1962). Phenomenology of Perception. Trans. by Colin Smith. New Jersey: The Humanities Press.
- Paget, M. (1993). A Complex Sorrow: Reflections on Cancer and an Abbreviated Life. Philadelphia: Temple University Press.
- Ricoeur, P. (1988). Time and Narrative. Vol. 3. Trans. by K. Blarney and D. Pellauer. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
- Smith. A.R. and Martinez, J. M. (1995). Signifying Harassment: Communication, Ambiguity, and Power. Human Studies 18(1): 63–87.
- Spiegelberg, H. (1973). On the Right to Say “We”: A Linguistic and Phenomenological Analysis. In G. Psathas (Ed.), Phenomenological Sociology: Issues and Applications. New York: Wiley.
- Steinbock, A. (1995). Home and Beyond: Toward a Generative Phenomenology After Husserl. Evanston: Northwestern University Press.
- Strauss, E. (1963). The Primary World of the Senses: A Vindication of Sensory Experience. Trans. by Jacob Needleman. New York: Free Press of Glencoe.
- Toombs, S.K. (1995). The Lived Experience of Disability. Human Studies Special Issue 18(1): 9–23.
- Waksler, F.C. (Ed.). (1991). Studying the Social Worlds of Children. Basingstoke, Hampshire, England: Falmer.
- Waksler, F.C. (1995). Introductory Essay. In F.C. Waksler (Ed.), Intersubjectivity as a Practical Matter and a Problematic Achievement. Human Studies Special Issue 18(1): 1–7.
- Stressed Embodiment: Doing Phenomenology in the Wild
Volume 25, Issue 4 , pp 451-462
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links