A Simple Incomplete Extension of T which is the Union of Two Complete Modal Logics with f.m.p.
- Roy A. BentonAffiliated withDepartments of Mathematics & Philosophy, Columbia Union College
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
I present here a modal extension of T called KTLM which is, by several measures, the simplest modal extension of T yet presented. Its axiom uses only one sentence letter and has a modal depth of 2. Furthermore, KTLM can be realized as the logical union of two logics KM and KTL which each have the finite model property (f.m.p.), and so themselves are complete. Each of these two component logics has independent interest as well.
- A Simple Incomplete Extension of T which is the Union of Two Complete Modal Logics with f.m.p.
Journal of Philosophical Logic
Volume 31, Issue 6 , pp 527-541
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- model property
- modal logic
- Roy A. Benton (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Departments of Mathematics & Philosophy, Columbia Union College, Takoma Park, MD, 20912, USA