Full Resolution Images From The Mauritius Radio Telescope
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The first set of full resolution images have been made using the Mauritius Radio Telescope (MRT) for the Right Ascension range 18:00 to 19:00 hours and the declination range -70° to -10°.This is a part of the southern sky survey at 151.5 MHz being carried out using the MRT. To minimise the effect of bandwidth decorrelation, the images are made from the visibilities recorded with four different delay settings. This paper discusses three key issues of data analysis for the survey: Selection of good data for the survey, detection and removal of interference in the images and, preliminary analysis of these images.
- Baldwin, J.E., Boysen, R.C., Hales, S.E.G., Jennings, J.E., Waggett, P.C., Warner, P.J. and Wilson, D.M.A.: 1985, MNRAS 217, 717.
- Dodson, R.G.: 1997, The Mauritius Radio Telescope And A Study Of Selected Supernova Remnants Associated With Pulsars, PhD thesis, University of Durham.
- Golap, K., Udaya Shankar, N., Sachdev, S., Dodson, R. and Sastry, Ch. V.: 1998, J. Astrophys. Astr. 19, 35.
- Large, M.I., Mills, B.Y., Little, A.G., Crawford, D.F. and Sutton, J.M.: 1981, MNRAS 194, 693.
- Larry Wall, Tom Christiansen and Jon Orwant: 2000, Programming Perl, O'Reilly Publishers.
- Oozeer, N. and Udaya Shankar, N.: 2001. Submitted to UN-ESA proceedings.
- Sachdev, S.: 1999, Wide field Imaging with the Mauritius Radio Telescope, PhD thesis, University of Mauritius.
- Sachdev, S. and Udaya Shankar, N.: 2001. J. Astrophys. Astr. 22, 229.
- Srinivasan Sriram: 1997, Advanced Perl Programming, O'Reilly publishers.
- Udaya Shankar, N.: 2001, Submitted to UN-ESA proceedings.
- Astronomical Image Processing System, NRAO, 31 Dec 2000.
- Full Resolution Images From The Mauritius Radio Telescope
Astrophysics and Space Science
Volume 282, Issue 1 , pp 29-41
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links