Research Development Mechanisms
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Studies designed to reduce the burden of affective disorders should apply and develop theories and methods from diverse social sciences that could strengthen current interventions. A series of papers from diverse fields, such as quality engineering, behavioral economics, etc. might be a needed first step. Methodological research on design strategies such as group-level randomized trials, or instrumental variables analyses are needed. Finaly, qualitative studies to understand diverse stakeholder views are also needed. To pursue these areas, interdisciplinary training programs are needed to develop skilled researchers to study communities and community- based delivery settings. New research infrastructures are needed to support community and research collaborations, as well as supporting development of new technologies to enable diffusion of care.
- Building bridges in the brain, behavioral and clinical sciences. National Academy Press, Washington, DC
- NIMH Clinical Treatment and Services Research Workgroup. (1998, September). Bridging science and service: A report by the National Advisory Mental Health Council's Treatment and Services Workgroup.
- Research Development Mechanisms
Mental Health Services Research
Volume 4, Issue 4 , pp 255-256
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- research methods