Nonboussinesq Thermal Convection in Microgravity under Nonuniform Heating
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The model of subsonic flows is used to numerically the effect of thermal expansion of a fluid on the formation of naturally convective flows for small Rayleigh numbers (microconvection) and spatially periodic distribution of heat flows on the boundaries of the domain occupied by the fluid.
- B. K. Larkin, “Heat flow to a confined fluid in zero gravity," Progr.Astronaut. Aeronaut., 20, 819–832 (1967).
- P. G. Grodzka and T.C. Bannister, “Heat flow and convection demonstration experiments aboard Apollo 14," Science, 176, 506–508 (1972).
- V. V. Pukhnachev, “Model ofconvective motion under low gravity," Model. Mekh., 6, No. 4, 47–56 (1992).
- V. V. Pukhnachev, “Microconvection in a vertical layer," Izv. Ross.Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 5, 76–84 (1994).
- Yu. V. Lapin and M.Kh. Strelets, Internal Flows of Gas Mixtures [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1989).
- D. R. Chenoweth and S. Paolucci, “Natural convection in an enclosed vertical air layerwith large horizontal temperature differences," J. Fluid Mech., 169, 173–210 (1986).
- P. S. Perera and R. F. Sekerka, “Nonsolenoidal flow in a liquid diffusioncouple," Phys. Fluids, 9, No. 2, 376–391 (1997).
- V.V. Pukhnachov, “Solvability of initial boundary value problem in non-standard model of convection," Zap. Nauch. Semin. Leningr. Otd. Mat. Inst. Steklova, 233, 217–226 (1996).
- O. N. Goncharova, “Microconvection in weak force fields: A numericalcomparison of two models," J. Appl. Mech. Tech. Phys., 38, No. 2, 219–223 (1997).
- O. N. Goncharova, “Calculation of microconvection in a long rectangle,"Vychisl. Tekhnol., 5, No. 5, 26–37 (2000).
- O. N. Goncharova,“Numerical simulation of microconvection in domains with free boundaries," J. Appl. Mech. Tech. Phys., 38, No. 3, 386–390 (1997).
- O. N. Goncharova,“Microconvection in domains with free boundaries," Vychisl. Tekhnol., 5, No. 2, 14–25 (2000).
- A. A. Amsden and W. F. Harlow, “A simplified MACtechnique for incompressible fluid ow calculation," J. Comput. Phys., 6, No. 2, 322–325 (1970).
- A. B. Ezerskii, “Dynamics of defects in hexagonal latticesoccurring due to Marangoni–Benar convection,” in: Synergetics (Laboratory Works on Nonlinear Physics) [in Russian], Izd. Udm. Univ., Izhevsk (1999), p. 51–74.
- Nonboussinesq Thermal Convection in Microgravity under Nonuniform Heating
Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics
Volume 43, Issue 6 , pp 823-829
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors