Semicontinuous Representability of Homothetic Interval Orders by Means of Two Homogeneous Functionals
- Gianni Bosi
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
It is well known that interval orders are particularly interesting in decision theory, since they are reflexive, complete and nontransitive binary relations which may be fully represented by means of two real-valued functions. In this paper, we discuss the existence of a pair of nonnegative, positively homogeneous and semicontinuous real-valued functionals representing an interval order on a real cone in a topological vector space. We recover as a particular case a result concerning the existence of a nonnegative, positively homogeneous and continuous utility functional for a complete preorder on a real cone in a topological vector space.
- Bosi, G. (1998). A note on the existence of continuous representations of homothetic preferences on a topological vector space, Annals of Operations Research 80: 263–268.
- Bosi, G., Candeal, J.C. and Induráin, E. (2000). Continuous representability of homothetic preferences by means of homogeneous utility functions, Journal of Mathematical Economics 33: 291–298.
- Bridges, D.S. (1986). Numerical representation of interval orders on a topological space, Journal of Economic Theory 38: 160–166.
- Chateauneuf, A. (1987). Continuous representation of a preference relation on a connected topological space, Journal of Mathematical Economics 16: 139–146.
- Denneberg, D. (1994). Non-additive measure and integral, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht.
- Dow, G. and Werlang, R.S. da C. (1992). Homothetic preferences, Journal of Mathematical Economics 21: 389–394.
- Fishburn, P.C. (1985). Interval orders and interval graphs, Wiley, New York.
- Oloriz, E., Candeal, J.C. and Induráin, E. (1998). Representability of interval orders, Journal of Economic Theory 78: 219–227.
- Semicontinuous Representability of Homothetic Interval Orders by Means of Two Homogeneous Functionals
Theory and Decision
Volume 52, Issue 4 , pp 303-312
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Interval order
- Topological vector space
- Utility function
- Industry Sectors
- Gianni Bosi (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Dipartimento di Matematica Applicata `Bruno de Finetti', Università di Trieste, Piazzale Europa 1, 34127, Trieste, Italy