The Enthalpies of DySi2 and HoSi1.67 at 298.15-2007 K. Phase Transformation Enthalpies
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Mixing calorimetry method has been used over the range 298.15-2007 K to measure the enthalpies of dysprosium and holmium disilicides. Measurements have been made on the temperatures, enthalpies, and entropies of the phase transformation and melting of the disilicides. Temperature-dependence curves have been drawn up for the main thermodynamic functions of these compounds over a wide temperature range.
- Yu. I. Buyanov, T. Ya. Velikanova, S. P. Luzan, et al., Interactions between Rare-Earth Metals and Silicon, Preprint [in Russian], Institute for Problems of Materials Science, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev (1997), No. 97-5.
- N. P. Gorbachuk, A. S. Bolgar, and A. V. Blinder, Thermodynamic Parameters of Silicides, Preprint [in Russian], Institute for Problems of Materials Science, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev (1995), No. 10
- S. V. Meshel and O. I. Kleppa, “Standard enthalpies of formation of some carbides, silicides, germanides, stanides and borides of dysprosium by high temperature direct-synthesis calorimetry,” J. Alloys Comp., 233, 272–278 (1996).
- G. I. Batalin, V. S. Sudavtsova, and N. V. Stroganova, “Enthalpies of formation of liquid binary alloys in the systems Si - La (Gd, Dy, Ho, Er),” Ukr. Khim. Zhurn., 51, No. 7, 775–777 (1985).
- A. S. Bolgar, N. P. Gorbachuk, and A. V. Blinder, “Enthalpies of the silicides Gd5Si3, Gd5Si4, GdSi, GdSi1.88 in the temperature range 298.15-2200 K. Enthalpies of melting,” Teplofizika Vysokikh Temperatur, 34, No. 4, 541–545 (1996).
- E. A. Guseva, A. S. Bolgar, S. P. Gordienko, et al., “Determining the enthalpy of self-bonded silicon carbide,” Teplofizika Vysokikh Temperatur, 4, No. 5, 649–653 (1966).
- A. S. Bolgar, V. F. Litvinenko, A. G. Turchanin, and A. A. Mashnitskii, “Enthalpy and heat capacity of a material based on boron and aluminum nitrides,” in: Investigation of Nitrides[in Russian], Institute for Problems of Materials Scienc, Acad. Sci. Ukrainian SSR, Kiev (1975), pp. 83–87.
- V. N. Eremenko, K. A. Meleshevich, Yu. I. Buyanov, and P. S. Martsenyuk, “Structure, composition, and phase equilibria in alloys of dysprosium with silicon,” Ukr. Khim. Zhurn., 60, No. 8, 544–551 (1994).
- V. N. Eremenko, V. E. Listovnichii, S. P. Luzan, et al., “Phase equilibria and structure of alloys in the holmium-silicon system,” in: Phase Equilibria, Phase Stability, and Metastable States in Metallic Systems[in Russian], Institute for Problems of Materials Science, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev (1993), pp. 32–48.
- V. F. Litvinenko, A. S. Bolgar, V. B. Muratov, et al., Processing Experimental Data on Enthalpy Subject to Additional Conditions[in Russian], Deposited at VINITI, 19.09.84, No. 6300B (1984).
- High-Temperature Chemistry and Chemical Thermodynamics of Refractory Compounds and Materials Based on Them with the Thermodynamic Simulation of the Synthesis of Composite Materials for Various Purposes: Report on Research and Development[in Ukrainian], Institute for Problems of Materials Science, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev (1998).
- G. V. Samsonov, L. A. Dvorina, and B. M. Rud', The Silicides[in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1979).
- N. P. Gorbachuk, Thermodynamic Parameters of the Silicides of Lanthanum, Praseodymium, and Gadolinium, PhD Thesis [in Russian], Kiev (1994).
- The Enthalpies of DySi2 and HoSi1.67 at 298.15-2007 K. Phase Transformation Enthalpies
Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics
Volume 41, Issue 3-4 , pp 173-176
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- chemical thermodynamics
- heat capacity
- reduced Gibbs energy
- phase transition
- Industry Sectors