Glutathione-Dependent System of Antioxidant Defense in the Placenta in Preterm Delivery
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Components of the antioxidant defense system in placental tissues were studied in women with normal pregnancy and full-term delivery and women with spontaneous abortions at 28-36 weeks. In women with spontaneous abortions glutathione peroxidase activity in placental tissues increased and the content of SH compounds decreased, which led to exhaustion of the antioxidant defense system. Glutathione-S-transferase activity also decreased, which attests to impaired detoxifying function of the placenta.
- A. V. Arutyunyan, E. E. Dubinina, and N. N. Zybina, Methods for Evaluation of Free Radical Oxidation and Antioxidant System, Ed. V. Kh. Khavinson [in Russian], St. Petersburg (2000).
- S. N. Vlasova and E. I. Shabunina, Lab. Delo, No. 8, 19–22 (1990).
- V. M. Moin, Ibid., No. 12, 724–727 (1986).
- V. M. Prokopenko, A. V. Arutyunyan, T. U. Kuz'minykh, et al., Vopr. Med. Khim., 41,No. 3, 53–56 (1995).
- V. M. Sidel'nikova, Miscarriage [in Russian], Moscow (1986).
- R. Fried, Biochimie, 57,No. 5, 657–660 (1975).
- J. A. Leff, M. A. Oppengard, T. J. Curied, et al., Free Radic. Biol. Med., 13,No. 2, 143–149 (1992).
- O. H. Lowry, N. J. Rosebrough, A. L. Farr, and R. J. Randall, J. Biol. Chem., 193, 265–275 (1951).
- J. Seldak and R. H. Lindsaoj, Anal. Biochem., 25, 192–205 (1968).
- P. L. Zusterzeel, W. H. Peters, M. A. De Bruyn, et al., Obstet. Gynecol., 94,No. 6, H1033–1038 (1999).
- Glutathione-Dependent System of Antioxidant Defense in the Placenta in Preterm Delivery
Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine
Volume 133, Issue 5 , pp 442-443
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- glutathione peroxidase
- glutathione reductase
- glutathione transferase
- preterm delivery
- Industry Sectors