The Subgroups of Direct Products of Surface Groups
- Martin R. BridsonAffiliated withMathematical Institute
- , James HowieAffiliated withDepartment of Mathematics, Heriot-Watt University
- , Charles F. MillerIIIAffiliated withDepartment of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Melbourne
- , Hamish ShortAffiliated withLATP, UMR 6632, Université de Provence
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A subgroup of a product of n surface groups is of type FP n if and only if it contains a subgroup of finite index that is itself a product of (at most n) surface groups.
- The Subgroups of Direct Products of Surface Groups
Volume 92, Issue 1 , pp 95-103
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- direct product
- free groups
- surface groups
- homology of groups
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Mathematical Institute, 24-29 St. Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LB, U.K.
- 2. Department of Mathematics, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, U.K.
- 3. Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3052, Australia
- 4. LATP, UMR 6632, Université de Provence, Centre de Mathématiques et d'Informatique, 39 Rue Joliot-Curie, F-13453, Marseille cedex 13, France