The Influence of Free Fatty Acid Formation on the pH of Phospholipid-Stabilized Triglyceride Emulsions
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- P. K. Hansrani, S. S. Davis, and M. J. Groves. The preparation and properties of sterile intravenous emulsions. J. Parent. Sci. Technol. 37:145–150 (1983).
- I. Håkansson. Physico-chemical changes in artificial fat emulsions during storage. Acta Chem. Scand. 20:2267–2281 (1966).
- C. J. Herman. The Influence of Thermal Stress on the Properties of Phospholipid Stabilized Emulsions, Ph.D. thesis, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, 1992.
- C. Washington and S. S. Davis. Ageing effects in parenteral fat emulsions: The role of fatty acids. Int. J. Pharm. 39:33–37 (1987).
- J. M. A. Kemps and D. J. A. Crommelin. Chemical stability of phospholipids in pharmaceutical preparations: Hydrolysis of phospholipids in an aqueous medium. Pharm. Weekblad. 123:355–363 (1988).
- C. J. Herman and M. J. Groves. Hydrolysis kinetics of phospholipids in thermally stressed intravenous lipid emulsion formulations. J. Pharm. Pharmacol. 44:539–542 (1992).
- M. Grit, J. H. de Smidt, A. Struijke, and D. J. A. Crommelin. Hydrolysis of phosphatidylcholine in aqueous liposome dispersions. Int. J. Pharm. 50:1–6 (1989).
- D. M. Lidgate, R. C. Fu, and J. S. Fleitman. Using a microfluidizer to manufacture emulsions. BioPharm. 45:28–33 (1989).
- G. Lee, D. Dick, E. V. Vasquez, and K. Werner. pH measurements of suspensions. In M. H. Rubenstein (ed.), Pharmaceutical Technology: Drug Stability, Ellis Horwood, Chichester, UK, pp. 113–117.
- C. Paquot. Determination of the acid value and the acidity. In Standard Methods for the Analysis of Oils, Fat, and Derivatives, Pergamon, New York, 1979, pp. 52–55.
- P. W. Atkins. Physical Chemistry, W. H. Freeman, New York, 1986.
- The Influence of Free Fatty Acid Formation on the pH of Phospholipid-Stabilized Triglyceride Emulsions
Volume 10, Issue 5 , pp 774-776
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- thermal degradation
- triglyceride emulsions
- free fatty acids
- Industry Sectors