Studies on elemental tellurium under high pressure
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A non-linear behaviour in the resistance of tellurium as a function of pressure has been observed. At each pressure the resistance shows a time variation. At lower pressures, the normalized resistance increases with time, and at higher pressures, the normalized resistance decreases exponentially as a function of time. This change in behaviour with respect to time occurs in the region of the steepest descent in the resistance versus pressure plot. However, the magnitude of the change in the resistance with time is small compared to a change in the resistance with pressure. The origin of this behaviour is suggested to be linked with the generation and annealing of localized charged defects.
- J. BARDEEN, Phys. Rev. 75 (1949) 1777. CrossRef
- D. LONG, ibid. 101 (1956) 1256.
- P. W. BRIDGMAN, Proc. Am. Acad. Arts Sci. 68 (1933) 95.
- Idem, ibid. 82 (1953) 83.
- J. P. ESTIENNE and J. L. FARVACQUE, Phys. Status Solidi (a) 49 (1978) K109.
- G. SAADA, Phys. Status Solidi(b) 44 (1971) 717.
- CHITRALEKHA JACOB, PhD thesis, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (1993).
- Yu. V. KOSICHKIN, in "The Physics of Selenium and Tellurium", (edited by E. Gerlach and P. Grosse), Springer, Berlin, (1979) p. 95.
- A. S. PINE, N. MENYUK and G. DRESSELHAUS, Solid State Commun. 31 (1979) 187. CrossRef
- J. C. DOUKHAN, R. DROPE, J. L. FARVACQUE, E. GERLACH and P. GROSSE, Phys. Status Solidi(b) 64 (1974) 237. CrossRef
- A. BRONIATOWSKI and G. FAIVRE, Philos Mag. 30 (1974) 765.
- G. FAIVRE, ibid. 29 (1974) 1289.
- S. T. LAKSHMIKUMAR, V. C. PADAKI, R. M. MALLYA and E. S. R. GOPAL, J. Non. Cryst. Solids 46 (1981) 33. CrossRef
- S. R. ELLIOT, E. A. DAVIES and G. D. PITT, Solid State Commun. 22 (1977) 481. CrossRef
- P. EXTANCE and S. R. ELLIOT, Philos. Mag. B 43 (1981) 469.
- Idem, ibid. 43 (1981) 485.
- O. SHIMOMURA, K. ASOUMI and N. SAKAI, ibid. 34 (1976) 839.
- R. T. JOHNSON and R. K. QUINN, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 28 (1978) 273. CrossRef
- Studies on elemental tellurium under high pressure
Journal of Materials Science
Volume 32, Issue 8 , pp 2177-2180
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors