Investigation of the drying temperature dependence of the orientation in sol–gel processed PZT thin films
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The crystal orientations of lead zirconate titanate (PZT) thin films have been investigated by using various drying temperatures in the sol–gel process. The films were dried at different temperatures between 310 and 350°C for pyrolysis and then were heat treated at 650°C using rapid thermal annealing (RTA). TG/DTA and FTIR spectroscopy were used to detect the remnants of organic materials in the thin films prior to the final heat treatment. In order to examine the relationship between the film orientation and the remaining organic materials for the prior and final heat treatment, the films were fabricated with different coating cycles and dried for different holding times and then annealed at 650°C. The preferred orientations were investigated using X-ray diffraction.
- C. T. Lin, B W. Scanlan, J. D. Mcneill, J. S. Webb and L. Li, J. Mater. Res. 7 (1992) 2546.
- S. Yokoyama, Y. Ito, K. Ishihara, K. Hamada, S. Ohnishi, J. Kudo and K. Sakiyama, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 34 (1995) 767. CrossRef
- N. Neumann, R. KÖhler and G. Hofmann, Integrated Ferroelectrics 6 (1995) 213.
- D. L. Polla and P. J. Schiller, ibid. 7 (1995) 359.
- C. J. Kim, D. S. Yoon, J. S. Lee, C. G. Choi, W. J. Lee and Kwangsoo No, J. Appl. Phys. 76 (1995) 7478. CrossRef
- C. J. Kim, D. S. Yoon, J. S. Lee, C. G. Choi and Kwangsoo No, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 33 (1994) 2675. CrossRef
- T. Tani, Z. Xu and D. A. Payne, in “Ferroelectric Thin Film III”, edited by E. R. Mayers, B. A. Tuttle, S. B. Desu and P. K. Lansen (MRS, Pittsburgh, PA, 1993) p. 269.
- C. D. E. Lakeman, J. F. Campion and D. A. Payne, in “Ceramic Transactions”, Vol. 25, edited by A. S. Bhalla and K. M. Nair (The American Ceramic Society, Westerville, Ohio, 1992) p. 413.
- N. B. Colthap, J. Opt. Soc. Amer. 40 (1950) 397. CrossRef
- Investigation of the drying temperature dependence of the orientation in sol–gel processed PZT thin films
Journal of Materials Science
Volume 32, Issue 5 , pp 1213-1219
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors