Comparative study of alcohol dehydrogenase activity in flor yeast extracts
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The highest activities of alcohol dehydrogenase were obtained when flor yeasts were grown on L-lactic acid as the main carbon source. The strains with the lowest average of alcohol dehydrogenase activities, grown on glucose and ethanol, make up the velum on wines during the early stages ageing. One of the strains studied ( Saccharomyces cerevisiae, M10) may be a suitable source from which to isolate this enzyme (32 units of activity per mg protein).
- Barrett, J.A., Payne, R.W. and Yarrow, D. (1992). In: Yeasts: Characteristics and Identification, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, England.
- Bergmeyer, H.V., Gacoehm, K. and Grassl, M. (1974). In: Methods of Enzymatic Analysis, H.V. Bergmeyer, eds. vol. 2 pp. 428–429, New York: Academic Press.
- Bernet, E. and Gutman, Y. (1974). In: Methods of Enzymatic Analysis, H.V. Bergmeyer, eds. pp. 1499–1502, New York: Academic Press.
- Bicsak, T.A., Kann, L.R. Reiter, A. and Chase, T.J. (1982). Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 216, 605–615.
- Brookman, J.S.G. (1974). Biotechnol. Bioeng. 16, 371–383.
- Kennedy, C.L. and Domach, M.M. (1990). Biotechnol. Prog. 6, 41–47.
- Lortic, R., Fassovane, A., Laval, J.M. and Bourdillon, C. (1992). Biotechnol. Bioeng. 39, 157–163.
- Martínez, P., Codón, A.C., Pérez, L. and Benítez, T. (1995) Yeast. 11, 1399–1411.
- Marko-Varga, G. and Domínguez, E. (1991) Trends. Anal. Chem. 10, 290–297.
- Okuma, Y., Ito, Y. and Endo, K. (1991). J. Ferment. Bioeng. 71, 309–312.
- Peterson, G.L. (1972). Anal. Biochem. 83, 346–356.
- Schimpfessel, L. (1968). Biochim. Biophys. Actas. 151, 317–329.
- Wills, C., Kratofil, P., Londo, D. and Martin, T. (1981) Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 210, 775–785.
- Comparative study of alcohol dehydrogenase activity in flor yeast extracts
Volume 19, Issue 7 , pp 651-654
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors