Exponential Attractors in Banach Spaces
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In this paper we extend the theory of exponential attractors from the Hilbert space setting in  to the Banach space setting. No squeezing conditions are needed; the only requirements are for the semiflow to be C 1 in some absorbing ball, and for the linearized semiflow at every point inside the absorbing ball to split into the sum of a compact operator plus a contraction.
- Babin, A., Mahalov, A., and Nicolaenko, B. (1997). Regularity and integrability of 3D Euler and Navier*-Stokes equations for rotating fluids. Asymptotic Analysis 15, 103–150.
- Babin, A., Mahalov, A., and Nicolaenko, B. (1999). Global regularity of 3D rotating Navier-Stokes equations for resonant domains. Indiana Univ. Math. J. 48, 1133–1176.
- Babin, A., and Nicolaenko, B. (1995). Exponential attractors of reaction-diffusion systems in unbounded domains. J. Dynamics and Diff. Eq. 567–590.
- Babin, A., and Vishik, M. (1989). Attractors of Evolution Equations, Naouka, Moscow.
- Eden, A., Foias, C., Nicolaenko, B., and Temam, R. (1994). Exponential Attractors for Evolution Equations, Research in Applied Maths., Vol. 34, John Wiley and Masson, New York.
- Foias, C., and Olson, E. (1996). Finite fractal dimension and Hölder-Lipschitz parametrization. Indiana Univ. Math. J. 45, 603–616. CrossRef
- Hale, J. (1988). Asymptotic Behavior of Dissipative Systems, American Math. Soc. Math. Surveys and Monographs, p. 25.
- Temam, R. (1988). Infinite Dimensional Dynamical Systems in Mechanics and Physics, Appl. Math. Sci., Springer-Verlag, New York, p. 68.
- Exponential Attractors in Banach Spaces
Journal of Dynamics and Differential Equations
Volume 13, Issue 4 , pp 791-806
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- dynamical systems
- exponential attractors