Transient Surface Processes of Storage and Conversion of NOx Species on Pt–Me/Al2O3 Catalysts (Me = Ba, Ce, Cu)
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The transient reactivity and surface phenomena of storage and conversion of NO x species on Pt(1%)–Me/Al2O3 catalysts, where Me = Ba, Ce and Cu, were studied by the RWF (rectangular wavefront) method. The Me component has a relevant influence on the processes of surface storage and transformation. The reduction of NO x by propene in the presence of oxygen is promoted by adding Cu to a Pt/Al2O3 catalyst, while cerium promotes transient conversion of NO in the absence of propene, but inhibits the reduction of NO x in the presence of propene. Copper is suggested to be a promising element to add together with Ba for new NO x storage-reduction catalysts due to its capacity to act both as a storage element and as promoter for NO x reduction.
- M.D. Amiridis, T. Zhang and R.J. Farrauto, Appl. Catal. B 10 (1996) 203.
- F. Garin, P. Girard, S. Ringler, G. Maire and N. Davias, Appl. Catal. B 20 (1999) 205.
- T. Kobayashi, T. Yamada and K. Kayano, SAE paper 970745 (1997).
- M.S. Brogan, R.J. Brisley, A.P. Walker, D.E. Webster, W. Boegner, N.P. Fekete, M. Kramer, B. Krutzsch and D. Voigtlander, SAE paper 952490 (1995).
- G. Centi and S. Perathoner Appl. Catal. A 132 (1995b) 179.
- G.E. Arena, A. Bianchini, G. Centi, F. Vazzana and P. Vitali, Stud. Surf. Sci. Catal. 122 (1999) 109.
- C.O. Bennet, Adv. Catal. 44 (1999) 330.
- (a) R. Burch and P.J. Millington, Catal. Today, 26 (1995) 185
- (b) R. Burch, P.J. Millington and A.P. Walker, Appl. Catal. B 4 (1994) 65.
- M. Misono, H. Niiro and Y. Mirao, Res. Chem. Interm. 24 (1998) 123.
- G. Centi, S. Perathoner, D. Biglino and E. Giamello, J. Catal. 152 (1995) 75.
- Transient Surface Processes of Storage and Conversion of NOx Species on Pt–Me/Al2O3 Catalysts (Me = Ba, Ce, Cu)
Topics in Catalysis
Volume 16-17, Issue 1-4 , pp 157-164
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- NO x storage
- NO x lean conversion
- transient reactivity
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Dipartimento di Chimica Industriale, Università di Messina, Italy
- 2. Dipartimento di Chimica Industriale e Materiali, University of Bologna, Italy
- 3. Dipartimento di Chimica Industriale, Università di Messina, Salita Sperone 31, 98166, Messina, Italy
- 4. Dipartimento di Chimica Industriale e Materiali, University of Bologna, Italy