Simple Special Jordan Superalgebras with Associative Nil-Semisimple Even Part
- V. N. Zhelyabin
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We describe unital simple special Jordan superalgebras with associative nil-semisimple even part. In every such superalgebra J=A+M, either M is an associative and commutative A-module, or the associator space (A,A,M) coincides with M. In the former case, if J J is not a superalgebra of the non-degenerate bilinear superform then its even part A is a differentiably simple algebra and its odd part M is a finitely generated projective A-module of rank 1. Multiplication in M is defined by fixed finite sets of derivations and elements of A. If, in addition, M is one-generated then the initial superalgebra is a twisted superalgebra of vector type. The condition of being one-generated for M is satisfied, for instance, if A is local or isomorphic to a polynomial algebra. We also give a description of superalgebras for which (A,A,M)≠0 and M⋂[A,M]≠0, where [,] is a commutator in the associative enveloping superalgebra of J. It is shown that such each infinite-dimensional superalgebra may be obtained from a simple Jordan superalgebra whose odd part is an associative module over the even.
- V. Kac, “Classification of simple Z-graded Lie superalgebras and simple Jordan superalgebras,” Comm. Alg., 5, No. 13, 1375-1400 (1977).
- M. Racine and E. Zelmanov, “Classification of simple Jordan superalgebras with semisimple even part,” Preprint (1998).
- D. King and K. McCrimmon, “The Kantor construction of Jordan superalgebras, Comm. Algebra, 20, No. 1, 109-126 (1992).
- E. I. Zelmanov and I. P. Shestakov, “Prime alternative superalgebras and nilpotence of the radical of a free alternative algebra,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Mat., 54, No. 4, 676-693 (1990).
- I. P. Shestakov, “Prime alternative superalgebras of arbitrary characteristics,” Algebra Logika, 36, No. 6, 701-731 (1997).
- I. P. Shestakov, “Prime superalgebras of type (-1, 1),” Algebra Logika, 37, No. 6, 721-739 (1998).
- S. Gonzalez, M. C. Lopez-Diaz, C. Martinez, and I. P. Shestakov, “Bernstein superalgebras and superbimodules,” J. Alg., 212, No. 1, 119-131 (1999).
- D. King and K. McCrimon, “The Kantor doubling process revisited,” Comm. Alg., 23, No. 1, 357-372 (1995).
- E. C. Posner, “Differentiably simple rings,” Proc. Am. Math. Soc., 11, No. 3(1), 337-343 (1960).
- Shuen Yuan, “Differentiably simple rings of prime characteristic,” Duke Math. J., 31, No. 4, 623-630 (1964).
- N. Bourbaki, Commutative Algebra, Hermann, Paris (1972).
- A. A. Suslin, “The structure of a special linear group over a polynomial ring,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 41, No. 2, 235-252 (1977).
- I. Lambeck, Rings and Modules, Blaisdell, Toronto (1966).
- Simple Special Jordan Superalgebras with Associative Nil-Semisimple Even Part
Algebra and Logic
Volume 41, Issue 3 , pp 152-172
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- unital simple special Jordan superalgebra
- differentiably simple algebra
- projective A-module
- V. N. Zhelyabin (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Mathematics, Siberian Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences, Akademika Koptyuga Prospekt, Novosibirsk, 630090