The Asian Multinational Corporation: Strategies, Performance and Key Challenges
- Nitin Pangarkar
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Aggarwal, R. and Agmon, T. 1990. The international success of developing country firms: Role of government directed comparative advantage. Management International Review, 30(6): 163–180.
- Asian Wall Street Journal, 1998. Charoen Pokphand to sell its noncore businesses, July 28: 4.
- Cantwell, J.A. 1989. Technological Innovation and the Multinational Corporations. Oxford: Basil Blackwell.
- Casson, M. (ed) 1983. The Growth of International Business. London: George Allen and Unwin.
- Caves, R.E. 1982. Multinational Enterprise and Economic Analysis. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Chandler, A.D. 1990. Scale and Scope: The Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Harvard University Press.
- Fortune, 1998. The world's 500 largest corporations. August 3: F1–F40.
- Hwang, J.S. 1994. Economic Development and Internationalization as Viewed Through the Investment Development Paih. Ph. D. Thesis, University of Reading.
- Johanson, J. and Vahlne, J.E. 1977. The internationalization process of the firm: A model of knowledge development and increasing foreign market commitment. Journal of International Business Studies, 8(1): 23–32.
- Lall, S. 1983. The theoretical background. In S. Lall (ed) The New Multinationals. Chichester: John Wiley
- Lecraw, D.J. 1993. Outward direct investment by Indonesian firms: Motivations and effects. Journal of International Business Studies, 24(3): 589–600.
- Lecraw, D.J. 1981. The internationalization of firms from LDCs: Evidence from the ASEAN region. In Krishna Kumar & Malcolm McLeod (eds) Multinational from Developing Countries. Lexington, Massachusetts: D.C. Heath.
- Lecraw, D.J. 1977. Direct investment by firms from less developed countries. Oxford Economic Papers, 29(3): 442–457.
- Tolentino, P.E.E. 1993. Technological Innovation and Third World Multinationals. London and New York: Routledge.
- Wells, L.T., Jr. 1983. Third World Multinationals. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press.
- Williamson, O.E. 1975. Markets and Hierarchies. New York: The Free Press.
- Young, S., Huang, C.-H. and McDermott, M. 1996. Internationalization and competitive catch up processes: Case study evidence on Chinese multinational enterprises. Management International Review, 34(4): 295–314.
- The Asian Multinational Corporation: Strategies, Performance and Key Challenges
Asia Pacific Journal of Management
Volume 15, Issue 2 , pp 109-118
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Nitin Pangarkar (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Faculty of Business Administration, National University of Singapore, 10 Kent Ridge Crescent, Singapore, 119260