Genetic mapping of loci determining long glumes in the genus Triticum
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Elongated glumes are present in thetetraploid wheat species T.polonicum, T. turanicum, T.durum convar. falcatum and in thehexaploid species T. petropavlovskyi.Inheritance of glume length was studiedwith the aim to map the respective lociusing wheat microsatellite markers. In T. polonicum and T. petropavlovskyiloci conferring long glume were mapped nearthe centromere on chromosome 7A. These twoloci are designated P-A pol 1 andP-A pet 1, respectively. It isshown that both are probably homoeoallelicto each other and to the P gene ofT. ispahanicum on chromosome 7B. The loci determining elongated glumes in T. turanicum and T. durum conv. falcatum are not homoeologous to the P loci in the centromeric region of thegroup 7 chromosomes.
- Al-Hakimi, A., P. Monneveux & G. Galiba, 1995. Soluble sugars, proline and relative water content (RWC) as a trait for improving drought tolerance and divergent selection for RWC from T. polonicum into T. durum. J Genet Breed 49: 237–245.
- Arbuzova V.S., O.I. Maystrenko & O.M. Popova, 1998. Development of near-isogenic lines of the common wheat cultivar 'saratovskaya 29'. Cereal Res Commun 26: 39–46.
- Arbuzova V.S., T.T. Efremova, L.I. Laikova, O.I. Maystrenko, O.M. Popova & T.A. Pshenishnikova, 1996. The development of precise genetic stocks in two wheat cultivars and their use in genetic analysis. Euphytica 89: 11–15.
- Börner, A., S. Chebotar & V. Korzun, 2000. Molecular characterization of the genetic integrity of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) germplasm after long term maintenance. Theor Appl Genet 100: 494–497.
- Damania, A.B., 1998. The use of genetic resources in breeding durum wheat. Plant Breed Abstr 61: 873–881.
- Dorofeev, V.F. & O.N. Korovina, 1979. Flora of Cultivated Plants, Leningrad, Kolos, Leningrad Branch, 348 p. (in Russian).
- Dorofeev, V.F., A.A. Filatenko & E.F. Miguschova 1980. Descriptors for Wheat. Leningrad, 105 p. (in Russian).
- Efremova T.T, L.I. Laikova, V.S. Arbuzova, O.M. Popova & O.I. Maystrenko, 2001. Use of Aneuploid Analysis in Chromosomal Localisation and Wheat Genes Mapping. Proc 11th European Wheat Aneuploid Conference, Novosibirsk, 2000, Russia 115–118.
- Efremova T.T, O.I. Maystrenko, L.I. Laikova, V.S. Arbuzova & O.M. Popova, 2000. Comparative genetic analysis of hexaploid wheats Triticum petropavlovskyi Udadz. Et Migusch. and Triticum aestivum L. Russ J Genet 36: 1142–1148.
- Khlestkina, E.K, E.G. Pestsova, M.S. Röder & A. Börner, 2002w. Molecular mapping, phenotypic expression and geographical distribution of genes determining anthocyanin pigmentation of coleoptiles in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Theor Appl Genet (in press).
- Koval, S.F., 1997. The catalogue of near-isogenic lines of Novosibirskaya 67 common wheat and principles of their use in experiments. Russ J Genet 33: 995–1000.
- Koval, S.F., 1999. Near-isogenic lines of spring common wheat Novosibirskaya 67 marked with short and long glume. Wheat Inf Ser 88: 37–42.
- Lander, E.S., P. Green, J. Abrahamson, A. Barlow, M.J. Daly, S.E. Lincoln & I. Newburg, 1987. MAPMAKER: an interactive computer package for constructing primary genetic linkage maps of experimental and natural populations. Genomics 1: 174–181.
- McIntosh, R.A., G.E. Hart, K.M. Devos, M.D. Gale & W.J. Rogers, 1998. Catalogue of Gene Symbols forWheat. Proc 9th IntWheat Genetics Symp, Saskatoon, Canada. In: A.E. Slinkard (Ed.), University Extension Press, University of Saskatchewan vol. 5, pp. 1–236.
- Matsumura, S., 1950. Linkage studies in wheat. II. P-linkage group and the manifold effects of P gene. Jap J Genet 25: 111–118 (in Japanese)
- Morgan, J.M., 1991. A gene controlling differences in osmoregulation in wheat. Aust J Plant Physiol 18: 249–257.
- Nelson, J.C., 1997. QGENE: software for mapmaker-based genomic analysis and breeding. Mol Breed 3: 239–245.
- Plaschke, J., M.W. Ganal & M.S. Röder, 1995. Detection of genetic diversity in closely related bread wheat using microsatellite markers. Theor Appl Genet 91: 1001–1007.
- Röder, M.S., V. Korzun, K. Wendehake, J. Plaschke, M.-H. Tixier, P. Leroy & M.W. Ganal, 1998. A microsatellite map of wheat. Genetics 149: 2007–2023.
- Salina, E., A. Börner, I. Leonova, V. Korzun, L. Laikova, O. Maystrenko & M.S. Röder, 2000. Microsatellite mapping of the induced sphaerococcoid mutation genes in Triticum aestivum. Theor Appl Genet 100: 686–689.
- Watanabe, N., 1994. Near-isogenic lines of durum wheat: their development and plant characteristics. Euphytica 72: 143–147.
- Watanabe, N., 1999. Genetic control of the long glume phenotype in tetraploid wheat by homoeologous chromosomes. Euphytica 106: 39–43.
- Watanabe, N., 2001. Development and Use of Near-isogeneic Lines of Durum Wheat Cultivar LD222. Proc 11th European Wheat Aneuploid Conference, Novosibirsk 2000, Russia, pp. 59–61.
- Watanabe, N. & H. Miura, 1997. P gene effects on the starch pasting properties of tetraploid and hexaploid wheat. Cereal Research Commun 25: 963–968.
- Watanabe, N., Y. Yotani & Y. Furuta, 1996. The inheritance and chromosomal location of a gene for long glume in durum wheat. Euphytica 91: 235–239.
- Watanabe, N., H. Miura, F. Toklu, H. Ozkan & I. Genc, 2000. Yield and carbon isotope discrimination in near-isogenic lines of durum wheat differing in glume length. Cereal Research Commun 28: 169–172.
- Genetic mapping of loci determining long glumes in the genus Triticum
Volume 123, Issue 2 , pp 287-293
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- gene mapping
- long glume
- Triticum durum
- Triticum petropavlovskyi
- Triticum polonicum
- Industry Sectors