Priorean Strict Implication, Q and Related Systems
- Fabrice Correia
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We introduce a system PSI for a strict implication operator called Priorean strict implication. The semantics for PSI is based on partial Kripke models without accessibility relations. PSI is proved sound and complete with respect to that semantics, and Prior's system Q and related systems are shown to be fragments of PSI or of a mild extension of it.
- Bull, R. A., ‘An axiomatization of Prior's modal calculus Q’, Notre Dame Journal of Formal Logic 5:211-214, 1964.
- Correia, F. ‘Adequacy results for some Priorean modal propositional logics’, Notre Dame Journal of Formal Logic 40:236-249, 1999.
- Jaspars, J., and E. Thijsse, ‘Fundamentals of partial modal logic’, in P. Doherty, editor, Partiality, Modality, and Nonmonotonicity, CSLI, Stanford, 111-140, 1996.
- Prior, A. N., Time and Modality, Oxford University Press, 1957.
- Prior, A. N., ‘Notes on a group of new modal systems’, Logique et Analyse 2(6–7): 122-127, 1959.
- Prior, A. N., and K. Fine, Worlds, Times and Selves, Amherst: University of Massachusetts Press, 1977.
- Thijsse, E., ‘Partial propositional and modal logic: the overall theory’, in M. Stockhof and L. Torenvliet, editors, Proceedings of the Seventh Amsterdam Colloquium, Part 2, ITLI, Amsterdam, 555-579, 1990.
- Priorean Strict Implication, Q and Related Systems
Volume 69, Issue 3 , pp 411-427
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- strict implication
- system Q
- partial Kripke models
- Fabrice Correia (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Geneva, Switzerland