Large-scale separation of magnetic bioaffinity adsorbents
Flat magnetic separator was used to separate magnetic bioaffinity adsorbents from litre volumes of suspensions. Both magnetic cross-linked erythrocytes and magnetic chitosan were efficiently separated; at least 95% adsorbent recovery was achieved at maximum flow rate (1680 ml min−1). Using this system low amounts of trypsin were concentrated from large sample volumes using magnetic erythrocytes as affinity adsorbent.
- Dunlop EH,Feiler WA,Mattione MJ (1984) Magnetic separation in biotechnology. Biotechnol. Adv. 2: 63-74.
- Šafařrík I,Šafařríková M (1997) Overview of magnetic separations used in biochemical and biotechnological applications. In: Häfeli U,Schütt W,Teller J,Zborowski M, eds. Scientific and Clinical Applications of Magnetic Carriers. New York and London: Plenum Press, pp. 323-340.
- Šafařrík I,Šafařríková M (2001) Isolation and removal of proteolytic enzymes with magnetic cross-linked erythrocytes. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 225: 169-174.
- Šafařrík I,Mucha P,Pechoč J,Stoklasa J,Šafařríková M (2001) Separation of magnetic affinity biopolymer adsorbents in a Davis tube magnetic separator. Biotechnol. Lett. 23: 851-855.
- Šafaříková M,Šafařík I (1999) Magnetic solid-phase extraction. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 194: 108-112.
- Šafaříková M,Šafařík I (2000) One-step partial purification of Solanum tuberosum tuber lectin using magnetic chitosan particles. Biotechnol. Lett. 22: 941-945.
- Šafaříková M,Nymburská K,Blazek Z,Šafařík I (1996) Rapid removal of magnetic particles from large volumes of suspensions. Biotechnol. Tech. 10: 391-394.
- Setchell CH (1985) Magnetic separations in biotechnology-a review. J. Chem. Tech. Biotechnol. 35B: 175-182.
- Large-scale separation of magnetic bioaffinity adsorbents
Volume 23, Issue 23 , pp 1953-1956
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- flat magnetic separator
- magnetic adsorbents
- magnetic separation
- Industry Sectors