Causal Set Dynamics and Elementary Particles
- Alexey L. Krugly
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A causal set is considered a finite, acyclic oriented graph with special restrictions: each vertex has two incident edges directed to this vertex and two incident edges directed from this vertex. This graph is called a causal graph. The vertex with incident edges is called an X-structure. Quantum measurements are discussed. A dynamics of the causal graph is a random sequence of elementary interactions of edges that is described by complex amplitudes. These amplitudes correspond to each pair of interacting edges. The edges are elementary particles. The mass of a particle is a probability of the interaction. An equation of particles is proposed. In a simple case this equation for X-structure is the Dirac's equation. The edges are fermions with the spin 1/2.
- Bombelli, L., Lee, J., Meyer, D., and Sorkin, R. D. (1987). Physical Review Letters 59, 521–524.
- Criscuolo, A. and Waelbroeck, H. (1998). Causal set dynamics: A toy model. E-print archive: gr-qc/9811088.
- Finkelstein, D. (1988). International Journal of Theoretical Physics 27, 473–519.
- Krugly, A. L. (1998). The Model of Discrete Spacetime [in Russian], Monolog, Moscow.
- Krugly, A. L. (2000a). The Model of Dynamics of Discrete Space-Time [in Russian], Monolog, Moscow.
- Krugly, A. L. (2000b). International Journal of Theoretical Physics 39(4), 975–984.
- Ore, O. (1962). Theory of Graphs, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI.
- Reid, D. D. (1999). Introduction to causal sets: An alternate viewof spacetime structure. E-print archive: gr-qc/9909075.
- Rideout, D. P. and Sorkin R. D. (1999). A classical sequential growth for causal sets. E-print archive: gr-qc/9904062.
- Rideout D. P. and Sorkin R. D. (2000). Evidence for a continuum limit in causal set dynamics. E-print archive: gr-qc/0003117.
- Sorkin, R. D. (1991). Spacetime and causal set. In Relativity and Gravitation: Classical and Quantum, Proceedings of the SILARG VII Conference, J.C. D'Olivo et al., eds., Cocoyoc, Mexico, December, 1990, pp. 150–173.
- Sorkin, R. D. (2000). Indications of causal set cosmology. E-print archive: gr-qc/0003043.
- Causal Set Dynamics and Elementary Particles
International Journal of Theoretical Physics
Volume 41, Issue 1 , pp 1-37
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors