On the Combinatorics of Projective Mappings
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We consider composition sets of one-dimensional projective mappings and prove that small composition sets are closely related to Abelian subgroups.
- A. Balog and E. Szemerédi, “A statistical theorem of set addition,” Combinatorica 14 (1994), 263–268.
- J. Beck, “On the lattice property of the plane and some problems of Dirac, Motzkin and Erdős,” Combinatorica 3 (3–4) (1983), 281–297.
- Y. Bilu, “Structure of sets with small sumset,” Asterisque, SMF 258 (1999), 77–108.
- G. Elekes, “On linear combinatorics I,” Combinatorica 17 (4) (1997), 447–458.
- G. Elekes, “On linear combinatorics II,” Combinatorica 18 (1) (1998), 13–25.
- G. A. Freiman, Foundations of a Structural Theory of Set Addition, Translation of Mathematical Monographs vol. 37. Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, R.I., USA, 1973.
- R. Graham and J. Nešetřil (Eds.), The Mathematics of Paul Erdős, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1996.
- M. Laczkovich and I. Z. Ruzsa, “The number of homothetic subsets,” in The Mathematics of Paul Erdos, R. Graam and J. Nešetřil (Eds.), Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1996.
- J. Pach and P. K. Agarwal, Combinatorial Geometry, J. Wiley and Sons, New York, 1995.
- J. Pach and M. Sharir, “On the number of incidences between points and curves,” Combinatorics, Probability and Computing 7 (1998), 121–127.
- I. Z. Ruzsa, “Arithmetical progressions and the number of sums,” Periodica Math. Hung. 25 (1992), 105–111.
- I. Z. Ruzsa, “Generalized arithmetic progressions and sum sets,” Acta Math. Sci. Hung. 65 (1994), 379–388.
- On the Combinatorics of Projective Mappings
Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics
Volume 14, Issue 3 , pp 183-197
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- projective mapping
- composition set
- Abelian subgroup