Role of Cystatin C and Cysteine Proteinases in the Development of Mouse LS-Lymphosarcoma
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The growth of LS-lymphosarcoma in CBA mice was accompanied by a decrease in the content of the major extracellular inhibitor cystatin C in the tumor, plasma and, to a lesser extent, in tissued not involved in tumor process (liver and spleen). Cyclophosphamide in a dose of 50 mg/kg prolonged the life-span of animals and decreased tumor size by 80%. Cathepsin B and L activities in the tumor tissue increased by 3 and 7 times, respectively. Cystatin C content in the tumor tissue, spleen, and plasma also increased. Cystatin C assay in tumor tissue and plasma helps to predict the rate of tumor growth and to evaluate the efficiency of antitumor therapy.
- V. I. Kaledin, V. P. Nikolin, T. A. Ageeva, et al., Vopr. Onkol., 46, 588-593 (2000).
- M. Abrahamson, Mol. Biol., 19, 127-136 (1990).
- A. J. Barrett and H. Kirschke, Methods Enzymol., 80, 535-561 (1981).
- K. Bjornland, L. Buo, I. Kjonniksen, et al., Anticancer Res., 16, No. 4, 1627-1631 (1996).
- C. C. Calkins and B. F. Sloane, Biol. Chem. Hoppe Seyler, 356, No. 2, 71-80 (1995).
- H. H. Heidtmann, U. Salge, M. Abrahamson, et al., Clin. Exp. Metastasis, 15, No 4, 368-381 (1997).
- K. Hirai, M. Yokoyama, G. Asano, and S. Tanaka, Hum. Pathol., 30, No. 6, 680-686 (1999).
- A. Khan, M. Krishna, S. P. Baker, et al., Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med., 122, No. 2, 172-177 (1998).
- J. Kos, M. Krasovec, N. Cimerman, et al., Clin. Cancer Res., 6, 505-511 (2000).
- J. Kos, B. Werle, T. Lah, and N. Brunner, Int. J. Biol. Markers, 15, No. 1, 84-89 (2000).
- T. T. Lah, G. Calaf, E. Kalman, et al., Breast Cancer Res. Treat., 39, 221-233 (1996).
- T. T. Lah and J. Kos, Biol. Chem., 379, No. 2, 125-130 (1998).
- T. T. Lah, M. Cercek, A. Blejec, et al., Clin. Can. Res., 6, No. 1, 578-584 (2000).
- O. N. Poteryaeva, O. V. Falameyeva, T. A. Korolenko, et al., Drugs Exp. Clin. Res., 26, Nos. 5-6, 137-142 (2000).
- Role of Cystatin C and Cysteine Proteinases in the Development of Mouse LS-Lymphosarcoma
Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine
Volume 132, Issue 1 , pp 675-677
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- cystatin C
- cysteine proteinases
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Physiology, Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Russia
- 2. Institute of Biochemistry, Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Russia
- 3. Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia