Expressed sequence tags from stem tissue of the American chestnut, Castanea dentata
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Subtracted and size-selected unsubtracted cDNA libraries were created to examine gene expression in the woody tissues of Castanea dentata. A total of 50 clones were sequenced and comparisons were made to the GenBank database. Expression analysis of 20 selected clones revealed that 13 were expressed predominantly in the stem and leaf tissues, while the other seven were present in all tissues examined.
- Brewer L (1995) Ecology of survival and recovery from blight in American chestnut trees [Castanea dentata (Marsh.) Borkh.] in Michigan. Bull. Torrey Bot. Club 122: 40-57.
- Maynard CA,Xing Z,Bickel S,Powell WA (1999) Using genetic engineering to help save the American chestnut: a progress report. J. Am. Chestnut Found. 12: 41-56.
- Olsson O,Little CHA (2000) Molecular control of the development and function of the vascular cambium. In: Molecular Biology of Woody Plants, Vol. 1. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp. 155-180.
- Pernas M,Sanchez-Monge, R,Gomez L,Salcedo G (1998) A chestnut seed cystatin differentially effective against cysteine proteinases from closely related pests. Plant Mol. Biol. 38: 1235-1242.
- Pernas M,Lopez-Solanilla E,Sanchez-Monge R,Salcedo RG,Rodriguez-Palenzuela P (1999) Antifungal activity of a plant cystatin. MPMI 12: 624-327.
- Roane M,Griffin G,Elkins JR (1986) Chestnut blight. In: Chestnut Blight, Other Endothia Diseases and the Genus Endothia. APS Monograph Series. New York: APS Press, pp. 1-26.
- Rogers BL,Pollock J,Klapper D,Griffith IJ (1993) Sequence of the proteinase-inhibitor cystatin homologue from pollen of Ambrosia artemisifolia (short ragweed). Gene 133: 219-221.
- Rubinelli P,Hu Y,Ma H (1998) Identification, sequence analysis and expression studies of novel anther-specific genes in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol. Biol. 37: 607-619.
- Sambrook J,Fritsch EF,Maniatis T (1989) Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, 2nd edn. New York: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press.
- Stalberg K,Ellerstorm M,Sjodahl S,Ezcurra I,Wycliffe P,Rask L (1998) Heterologous and homologous transgenic expresson directed by a 2S seed storage promoter of Brassica napus. Transgenic Res. 7: 165-172.
- Wan CY,Wilkins TA (1994) A modified hot borate method significantly enhances the yield of high-quality RNA from cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Anal. Biochem. 223: 7-12.
- Xing, Z,Powell WA,Maynard CA (1999) Development of somatic embryos in American chestnut. Plant Cell Tiss. Org. Cult. 57: 47-55.
- Xing, Z,Satchwell MF,Powell WA,Maynard CA (1997) Micropropagation of American chestnut. Increasing rooting rate and preventing shoot-tip necrosis. In vitro Cell. Dev. Biol. 33: 43-48.
- Zhao Y,Botella MA,Subramanian L,Niu X,Nielsen SS,Bressan RA,Hasegawa PM (1996) Two wound-inducible soybean cysteine proteinases have greater digestive proteinase inhibitory activities than a constitutive homologue. Plant Physiol. 11: 1299-1306.
- Expressed sequence tags from stem tissue of the American chestnut, Castanea dentata
Volume 23, Issue 17 , pp 1407-1411
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Castanea dentata
- expressed sequence tag (EST)
- Industry Sectors