Comparative Studies of the Properties of Tools Made by Electro-Discharge Sintering and Hot Pressing
- Alexander I. Raichenko
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Comparative studies of the properties of tools obtained by electro-discharge sintering and hot pressing have shown that the dependence of the cutting and grinding ability of a diamond tool on time of service is of a periodic nature, with periods of 30-40 min (grinding elements) and 100-120 min (cutting elements — blades). Tools made by electro-discharge are characterized by a stable increase in grinding and cutting ability at the extreme points. An empirical criterion — the self-honing index — is proposed to characterize the operating regime of tools. The tool made by electro-discharge sintering exhibited superior grinding and cutting properties.
- V. I. Leshchinskii and V. N. Malygina, “Electro-discharge sintering in the production of diamond tools,” Almaz i Sverkhtverd. Mater., No. 9, 2-4 (1977).
- A. I. Raichenko, T. I. Istomina, G. G. Karyuk, et al., “Effect of the concentration of the abrasive component on the mechanical properties of a tool material made by electro-discharge sintering,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 2, 77-80 (1985).
- A. I. Raichenko, T. I. Istomina, V. P. Popov, et al., “Tool material obtained by electro-discharge sintering,” Summary of Documents of the XV All-Union Scientific-Technical Conference (Kiev, November 1985), Institute for Problems of Materials Science AN Ukr. SSR, Kiev (1985), pp. 278-279.
- V. P. Gargin, “Effect of heating time on the strength of synthetic diamonds,” Sverkhtverd. Mater., No. 6, 23-25 (1980).
- V. N. Bakul', Yu. I. Nikitin, E. B. Vernik, et al., Principles of the Design and Manufacturing of Abrasive and Diamond Tools [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1975).
- Comparative Studies of the Properties of Tools Made by Electro-Discharge Sintering and Hot Pressing
Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics
Volume 39, Issue 11-12 , pp 618-622
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- properties of tools
- electro-discharge sintering
- hot pressing
- cutting and grinding ability of a diamond tool
- self-honing index
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute for Problems of Materials Science, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, ul. Krzhizhanovskogo 3, Kiev 142, 03142, Ukraine