Monographs on underutilized and neglected crops
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
An initiative is presented which is intended to promote the conservation and use of underutilized and neglected crops. The aim of this project is to identify key information sources and to systematically compile, analyze and disseminate information on a selected set of neglected crop species/gene pools with a view to facilitate the development of a well-targeted global plan of action to improve their conservation and use. The resulting information base will support continued research on these neglected crops. So far, 24 monographs have been published.
- FAO 1996. The Global Plan of Action for the Conservation and Sustainable Utilization of Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (PGRFA), adopted by the International Technical Conference on Plant Genetic Resources (Leipzig, Germany. June 17-23, 1996). Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, Italy.
- Hammer K. 1998. Agrarbiodiversität und pflanzengenetische Ressourcen - Herausforderung und Lösungsansatz. Schriften zu Genetischen Ressourcen 10. 98 pp.
- Hammer, K., Heller, J. (1998) Promoting the conservation and use of underutilized and neglected crops. Schriften zu Genetischen Ressourcen 8: pp. 223-227
- Prescott-Allen, R., Prescott-Allen, C. (1990) How many plants feed the world?. Conservation Biology 4: pp. 365-374
- Schultze-Motel, J. (1986) Rudolf Mansfelds Verzeichnis landwirtschaftlicher und gärtnerischer Kulturpflanzen (ohne Zierpflanzen). Akademie Verlag, Berlin
- Monographs on underutilized and neglected crops
Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution
Volume 48, Issue 1 , pp 3-5
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Neglected crops
- Underutilized crops
- Industry Sectors