Lattice Attacks on Digital Signature Schemes
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We describe a lattice attack on the Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA) when used to sign many messages, mi, under the assumption that a proportion of the bits of each of the associated ephemeral keys, yi, can be recovered by alternative techniques.
- Babai, L. (1986) On Lovász lattice reduction and the nearest point problem. Combinatorica 6: pp. 1-13
- D. Boneh and G. Durfee, Cryptanalysis of RSA with private key of less than N0.292. Advances in Cryptology, EUROCRYPT' 99 (J. Stern, ed.), volume 1592, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag (1999) pp. 1–11.
- D. Boneh and R. Venkatesan, Hardness of computing the most significant bits of secret keys in Diffie-Hellman and related schemes. Advances in Cryptology, CRYPTO' 96 (N. Koblitz, ed.), volume 1109, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag (1996) pp. 129–142.
- D. Coppersmith, Finding a small root of a bivariate integer equation; factoring with high bits known. Advances in Cryptology, EUROCRYPT' 96 (U. Maurer, ed.), volume 1070, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag (1996) pp. 178–189.
- Coppersmith, D. (1997) Small solutions to polynomial equations, and low exponent RSA vulnerabilities. J. of Cryptology 10: pp. 233-260
- ElGamal, T. (1985) A public-key cryptosystem and a signature scheme based on discrete logarithms. IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory 31: pp. 469-472
- Howgrave-Graham, N. (1997) Finding small roots of univariate modular equations revisited. Proc. of Cryptography and Coding 1355: pp. 131-142
- N. Howgrave-Graham, Computational mathematics inspired by RSA, PhD. Thesis, University of Bath (1999).
- Howgrave-Graham, N., Seifert, J-P. (1999) Extending Wiener's attack in the presence of many decrypting exponents. Secure Networking—CQRE [Secure]' 99 1740: pp. 153-166
- Lenstra, A. K., Lenstra, H. W., Lovász, L. (1982) Factoring polynomials with rational coefficients. Math. Ann. 261: pp. 515-534
- V. Shoup, NTL: A Library for doing Number Theory http://www.shoup.net/
- Lattice Attacks on Digital Signature Schemes
Designs, Codes and Cryptography
Volume 23, Issue 3 , pp 283-290
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- digital signatures
- Industry Sectors