Surface Energy of Crystalline and Vitreous Silica
- Yu. K. Shchipalov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A variant of evaluation of the theoretical values of the surface energy of quartz glass and various forms of crystalline silica based on analysins of the structures of these materials and experimental determination of the zeta-potential of β-quartz and amorphous silica is considered.
- R. Iler, Chemistry of Silica, Wiley, New York (1979).
- V. P. Pryanishnikov, The Silica System [in Russian], Stroiizdat, Leningrad (1971).
- R. L. Muller, “Chemistry of solids and the vitreous state,” in: Chemistry of Solids [Russian translation], Leningrad (1965), pp. 9–63.
- J. Dana, E. Dana, et al., The System of Mineralogy, Vol. 3. Silica Minerals, New York (1962).
- S. S. Batsanov, Electronegativity of the Elements and the Chemical Bond [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1962).
- A. Adamson, The Physical Chemistry of Surfaces, Wiley, New York (1976).
- Yu. K. Shchipalov, “Evaluation of electrical-surface properties of particles of hydrated quartz glass based on the value of the zeta-potential,” Steklo Keram., No. 11, 3–6 (1999).
- Surface Energy of Crystalline and Vitreous Silica
Glass and Ceramics
Volume 57, Issue 11-12 , pp 374-377
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Ivanovo State Chemical Engineering University,, Ivanovo,, Russia.