Eigenfrequency Shift of Higher-Order Modes in a Coaxial Cavity with Eccentric Inner Rod
- Shi-Chang Zhang
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The eigenvalues of a coaxial cavity must be modified by the structural eccentricity (for instance, by the misalignment of the inner rod), which causes an eigenfrequency shift. In this paper the eigenfrequency shift of the higher-order modes is numerically investigated in terms of the eigenvalue equation. Taking the TE31, 17, 1, TE32, 17, 1, TE33, 17, 1 and TE34, 17, 1 modes as examples, calculations show that the eigenfrequency of a mode may have a down-shift or up-shift, which depends on the ratio of the outer conductor radius to the inner rod radius R out/R in. For a higher-order mode, the greater the value of R out/R in, the smaller the influence of the structural eccentricity on the eigenfrequency shift. Moreover, the structural eccentricity may have a weaker influence if the azimuthal index of the mode is higher.
- M. Thumm and W. Kasparek, Fusion Eng. And Design 26, 291(1995).
- K.E. Kreischer, R.J. Temkin, H.P. Fetterman, and W.J. Mulligan, IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Tech. 32, 481(1984).
- J.J. Barroso and R.A. Correa, Int. J. Infrared and Millimeter Waves 13, 443(1992).
- S.N. Vlasov, L.I. Zagryadskaya, and I.M. Orlova, Radio Eng. and Electron Phys. 21, 96(1976).
- V.A. Flyagin and G.S. Nusinovich, IEEE Proc. 76, 644(1988).
- G.S. Nusinovich, M.E. Read, O. Dumbrajs, and K.E. Kreischer, IEEE Trans. on Electron Devices 41, 433(1994).
- M. Thumm, Fusion Eng. And Design 30, 139(1995).
- S.C. Zhang and M. Thumm, Phys. Plasmas 3, 2760(1996).
- B. Piosczyk, O. Braz, G. Dammertz et al., IEEE Trans. on Plasma Science 25, 460(1997).
- C. Istrou, O. Braz, G. Dammertz et al., IEEE Trans, on Plasma Science 25, 470(1997).
- O. Dumbrajs and A. Pavelyev, Int. J. Electron. 82, 26(1997).
- S.C. Zhang and M. Thumm, Phys. Plasmas 6, 1622(1999).
- S.C. Zhang and M. Thumm, Int. J. Infrared and Millimeter Waves 20,157(1999).
- S.C. Zhang and M. Thumm, Int. J. Infrared and Millimeter Waves 20,1271(1999).
- S.C. Zhang and M. Thumm, IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques 48, 8(2000).
- Eigenfrequency Shift of Higher-Order Modes in a Coaxial Cavity with Eccentric Inner Rod
International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves
Volume 22, Issue 4 , pp 577-583
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- coaxial cavity
- structural eccentricity
- Industry Sectors
- Shi-Chang Zhang (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Photoelectronics, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610031, People's Republic of China