Isostructural and Nonisostructural Compounds in Series of Halogenated Organic Crystal Substances. Structure of Hal-Aggregates
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The local characteristics and the form of intermolecular Hal aggregates (assemblies of contacting halogen atoms of neighboring molecules), existing in haloorganic crystal substances differing only in the nature of Hal atoms, are compared. Twenty three series of halogenated hydrocarbons involving 57 crystal structures are considered. Pronounced specifics of Hal-aggregates has been established for compounds with low and medium halogen contents. It is found that k(Hal) (coordination number of the Hal atom with respect to the neighboring Hal atoms) generally increases in the series F–Cl–Br–I; for constant k(Hal), <δ> =
- T. Sakurai, M. Sundaralingam, and G. A. Jeffrey, Acta Crystallogr., 16, No. 5, 354-363 (1963).
- G. R. Desiraju, Crystal Engineering, Elsevier, Amsterdam (1989).
- G. R. Desiraju and R. Parthasarathy, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 111, No. 23, 8725-8726 (1989).
- A. É. Masunov and P. M. Zorkii, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 66, No. 1, 60-69 (1992).
- S. L. Price, A. J. Stone, J. Lucas, et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 116, No. 11, 4910-4918 (1994).
- V. R. Pedireddi, D. Reddy, B. S. Goud, et al., J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 2, No. 11, 2353-2360 (1994).
- P. M. Zorkii, Ross. Khim. Zh., 40, No. 3, 5-25 (1996).
- G. L. Wheeler and S. D. Colson, J. Chem. Phys., 65, No. 4, 1227-1235 (1976).
- O. V. Grineva and P. M. Zorkii, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 74, No. 11, 1937-1942 (2000).
- O. V. Grineva and P. M. Zorkii, Kristallografiya, 45, No. 4, 692-698 (2000).
- F. H. Allen, J. E. Davies, J. J. Galloy, et al., J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci., 31, No. 2, 187-204 (1991).
- Isostructural and Nonisostructural Compounds in Series of Halogenated Organic Crystal Substances. Structure of Hal-Aggregates
Journal of Structural Chemistry
Volume 42, Issue 1 , pp 16-23
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors