Laguerre Tau Methods for Solving Higher-Order Ordinary Differential Equations
- Hani I. Siyyam
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper, we present two numerical methods for solving higher-order differential equations using the Laguerre Tau method. These methods generate linear systems, which can be solved by Gauss elimination with maximal partial pivoting strategy. Results of some numerical experiments and theoretical analysis are presented.
- C. Canuto, M. Y. Hussaini, A. Quarteroni, and T. A. Zang, Spectral Methods in Fluid Dynamics, Springer, Berlin. 1987.
- H. Dang-VU and C. Delcarte. An accurate solution of the Poisson equation by Chebyshev Collocation method, J. Comput. Phys. 104, 221–220 (1993).
- H. R. Schwarz. Numerical Analysis: A Comprehensive Introduction. Wiley, New York, 1988.
- Laguerre Tau Methods for Solving Higher-Order Ordinary Differential Equations
Journal of Computational Analysis and Applications
Volume 3, Issue 2 , pp 173-182
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- higher order ordinary differential equations
- Tau method
- Laguerre polynomials
- Hani I. Siyyam (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematical Science, Jordan University of Science and Technology, P.O. Box 3030, Irbid, Jordan