Orientation Control of ZnO Thin Film Prepared by CVD
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The orientations of ZnO films parallel and perpendicular to the surface of the substrate were investigated as functions of the deposition temperature and substrate material. The degree of orientation increased with increasing deposition temperature and became perfectly oriented at a characteristic temperature. At a deposition temperature of 620°C, polycrystalline films were obtained on polycrystalline Al2O3; substrates. (001) oriented films were obtained on fused silica and (100) rutile substrates. Epitaxially grown (110) and (001) oriented films were obtained on various kinds of single crystal substrates. The difference between the (110) and (001) orientations was explained by the lattice mismatch between the films and the substrates. Epitaxial growth of films exhibiting two directions was observed when the two equivalent directions of lattice mismatch existed. These results show the possible formation of various types of the crystallographic relationships between the grains in the film.
- A. J. Moulson and J. M. Herbert, Electroceramics (Chapman and Hall, London, 1990), p. 117.
- H. Sumino, O. Sakurai, K. Shinozaki, and N. Mizutani, J. Ceramic. Soc. Jpn., 102, 114 (1994).
- H. Funakubo, T. Hioki, O. Sakurai, K. Shinozaki, and N. Mizutani, Mater. Res. Bull., 31, 1233 (1996).
- F. C. M. Pol, Ceramic. Bull., 69, 1959 (1990).
- H. Sato, T. Minami, T. Miyata, S. Takata, and M. Ishii, Thin Solid Films, 246, 65 (1994).
- T. Minami, H. Sonohara, S. Takata, and H. Sato, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 33, L743 (1994).
- Y. Natsume, H. Sakata, T. Hirayama, and H. Yanagida, J. Appl. Phys., 72, 4203 (1992).
- Y. Natsume, H. Sakata, T. Hirayama, and H. Yanagida, J. Mater. Sci. Lett., 10, 810 (1991).
- K. Kamata and S. Matsumoto, Yogyo-kyokai-shi, 89, 337 (1981).
- J. Nishino, S. Ohshio, and K. Kamata, J. Amer. Ceram. Soc., 75, 3469 (1992).
- K. Kamata, J. Nishino, S. Ohshio, and K. Murayama, J. Amer. Ceram. Soc., 77, 505 (1994).
- W.W. Wenas, A. Yamada, M. Kaonagai, and K. Takahashi, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 33, L283 (1994).
- M. Yonetsu, H. Funakubno, O. Sakurai, K. Shinozaki, and N. Mizutani, Trans. Mater. Res. Soc. Jpn., 20, 518 (1996).
- J. Auld, D.J. Houlston, A.C. Jones, S.A. Rushworth, M. A. Malik, P. O'Brein, and G. W. Critchlow, J. Mater. Chem., 4, 1249 (1994).
- J. Cheon, L. H. Dubois, and G. S. Girolami, Chem. Mater., 6, 2279 (1994).
- M. Kasuga and M. Mochizuki, J. Crys. Growth, 54, 185 (1981).
- V. Srikant, V. Sergo, and D. R. Clarke, J. Amer. Ceram. Soc., 78, 1931 (1995).
- G. Galli and E. Coker, Appl. Phys., 16, 439 (1970).
- H. H. Quon and D. P. Malanka, Mater. Res. Bull., 10, 349 (1975).
- E. L. Paradis and A. J. Shuskus, Thin Solid Films, 38, 131 (1976).
- A. Reisman, M. Berkenblit, S. A. Chan, and J. Anglilello, J. Elect. Mater., 2, 177 (1973).
- Orientation Control of ZnO Thin Film Prepared by CVD
Journal of Electroceramics
Volume 4, Issue 1 Supplement, pp 25-32
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- zinc oxide
- film formation
- crystal arrangement
- Industry Sectors